Atheist Promotional Videos?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 02:37 PM
RE: Atheist Promotional Videos?
Oh, running away eh. (insert Monty Python)

All theists run from this one. The bible is no help to them on this issue.
They must either admit that witches exist and that we must judge them as such by some wacky untold method or that they do not exist in which case they must admit that the idea is all a fraud.
Search those scriptures and consult all the "knowledgable" theologians you want but one simply cannot come to any rational conclusion concerning this issue without giving up the ghost...so to speak.
The comedy genius of Monty Python making light of the very issue of method is at least as good as what the bible ascribes is it not?
If The Great Absent One had only given us instructions for something SO very important.
The only real conclusion is that the Bible is phony and that belief in its ideas and values are dangerous.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
14-07-2012, 02:54 PM
(14-07-2012 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Haven't you had coffee, yet? Consider
Coffee, while it can make a zombie look and function like a human being, doesn't actually turn them into humans...
Good point. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-07-2012, 02:55 PM
(14-07-2012 01:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Trying to be like Doc HoC and make answers to other posts look randomly placed.
Doc HoC as a role model? Blink

14-07-2012, 03:00 PM
(14-07-2012 02:37 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Oh, running away eh. (insert Monty Python)

The only real conclusion is that the Bible is phony and that belief in its ideas and values are dangerous.
Running away?
More like, being smart about this.

And coming to a serious conclusion from one verse alone is like the accusation that Theists take "Leaps of Faith" in their "God of the Gaps".
It's unattractive the way you throw things around like that and come to radical conclusions. <.< I don't think from this point on (when it comes to considering Atheism) I can take much of what you say seriously..

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 03:06 PM
(14-07-2012 03:00 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 02:37 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Oh, running away eh. (insert Monty Python)

Running away?

And coming to a serious conclusion from one verse alone is like the accusation that Theists take "Leaps of Faith" in their "God of the Gaps".
It's unattractive the way you throw things around like that and come to radical conclusions. <.< I don't think from this point on (when it comes to considering Atheism) I can take much of what you say seriously..
Please explain what 'radical conclusions'.

14-07-2012, 07:16 PM
(14-07-2012 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 03:00 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Running away?

Please explain what 'radical conclusions'.
'This verse says something about Witches, witches do not exist, therefore all of Christianity is false.'

Was that really not clear in what I just said?

—Jeremy LaBorde
14-07-2012, 07:22 PM
(14-07-2012 07:16 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain what 'radical conclusions'.
'This verse says something about Witches, witches do not exist, therefore all of Christianity is false.'

Was that really not clear in what I just said?
It was unclear because that is not what TT said. What he said was:
"The only real conclusion is that the Bible is phony and that belief in its ideas and values are dangerous."

You have misstated his conclusion.

14-07-2012, 09:07 PM
(14-07-2012 07:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was unclear because that is not what TT said. What he said was:
"The only real conclusion is that the Bible is phony and that belief in its ideas and values are dangerous."

Alright, so what TT is saying instead is that the Bible is phony but that somehow doesn't include Christianity?

I wasn't quoting TT to the 'T' (no pun intended), I was summarizing what he was saying.
He started with a verse about witches, and concluded that the Bible is phony.

What am I missing?

—Jeremy LaBorde
14-07-2012, 09:20 PM
(14-07-2012 09:07 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 07:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was unclear because that is not what TT said. What he said was:

Alright, so what TT is saying instead is that the Bible is phony but that somehow doesn't include Christianity?

I wasn't quoting TT to the 'T' (no pun intended), I was summarizing what he was saying.

What am I missing?
You are missing the fact that the Bible's statements on witches is just one example of the many, many crazy things the Bible says. You certainly don't do all the things the Bible tells you to do - you'd be locked up if you did. You select what you want and ignore or try to explain away the rest without acknowledging that the Bible is full of horrible, inhumane instruction.

The point is not just that the Bible is inconsistent, even contradictory, but is in dire conflict with modern civilized behavior, ethics, and knowledge.

It is not only a book written by humans, the book you read is not even what was written. You read a translation of a copy of a copy of a translation of a copy of a copy ....... The original texts don't even exist. What an odd thing to base your morals, behaviors, or life on.

14-07-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 10:40 PM by ideasonscribe.)
(14-07-2012 09:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 09:07 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Alright, so what TT is saying instead is that the Bible is phony but that somehow doesn't include Christianity?

What am I missing?
You are missing the fact that the Bible's statements on witches is just one example of the many, many crazy things the Bible says. You certainly don't do all the things the Bible tells you to do - you'd be locked up if you did. You select what you want and ignore or try to explain away the rest without acknowledging that the Bible is full of horrible, inhumane instruction.

The point is not just that the Bible is inconsistent, even contradictory, but is in dire conflict with modern civilized behavior, ethics, and knowledge.

It is not only a book written by humans, the book you read is not even what was written. You read a translation of a copy of a copy of a translation of a copy of a copy ....... The original texts don't even exist. What an odd thing to base your morals, behaviors, or life on.
Well see, what you're saying here is much closer to a valid argument against Scripture that can conclude to Scripture being false.
What I don't like is when one verse is used and then say, there you have it - the Bible is phony.
Now I can see where you say that that verse is one of many, but the way he said things (concluding by saying the Bible is phony and so on..) Seemed to show an amount of bias.

—Jeremy LaBorde