Atheist Quotes
Newbie here, not sure if there is already a thread for this but;

List some of your favourite quotes you have heard of or thought of
GO
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2010, 02:25 PM
RE: Atheist Quotes
GO?
well, my favorite is ''everybodys atheist about some gods, we just went one god further.'' i dont remember who said it:F
also a good sentence said by george carlin. the eleventh commandment: ''thou shalt keep thou religion by thouselfs''.

oh, and ''reality is awesome''Cool

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2010, 02:27 PM
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-07-2010, 02:35 PM

(21-07-2010 02:25 PM)Kikko Wrote:  GO?
well, my favorite is ''everybodys atheist about some gods, we just went one god further.'' i dont remember who said it:F
also a good sentence said by george carlin. the eleventh commandment: ''thou shalt keep thou religion by thouselfs''.

oh, and ''reality is awesome''Cool

The first quote was said by Richard Dawkins. Also, George Carlin's quote was his 3rd commandment because he had simplified the list to just 2 commandments through his awesome logic.
21-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Not exactly atheist quote but nevertheless good one:
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Phillip K. Dick, How To Build A Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later
22-07-2010, 08:15 PM

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”

Steven Weinberg
22-07-2010, 08:24 PM

there are three website of quotes, just google them.
Hopefully you will find more insight, thought, and less garbage that some of the ones above.
Just look at the quotes on this site. The quotes that matter are always taken out of context and therefore extracted from their full meaning. Sorry kids, quotes on tee shirts will not will this war. You are dealing with the one of the most vulernable parts of the human mind, exisitence. A firm but gentle hand with get you farther. I'd rather change minds like MLK, Jr. that Jerry Falwell
22-07-2010, 09:28 PM
(22-07-2010 08:24 PM)CarbonUnit1 Wrote:  there are three website of quotes, just google them.
Hopefully you will find more insight, thought, and less garbage that some of the ones above.
Just look at the quotes on this site. The quotes that matter are always taken out of context and therefore extracted from their full meaning. Sorry kids, quotes on tee shirts will not will this war. You are dealing with the one of the most vulernable parts of the human mind, exisitence. A firm but gentle hand with get you farther. I'd rather change minds like MLK, Jr. that Jerry Falwell

CarbonUnit, we're always happy to have new people join this forum, but you yourself are displaying the arrogance and childishness that you are constantly accusing others of.

In your own words, chill, dude. Confrontation isn't the answer. You don't have to prove your superiority by being a jerk, and, in all honesty, all you're doing is making yourself look pretentious and foolish. You seem like an intelligent guy, but you need to reign in your ego.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
08-08-2010, 09:49 AM

During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after doing its duty in but a lazy and indolent way for 800 years, gathered up its halters, thumbscrews, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry. - Mark Twain

This is, by far, the BEST ever Tongue xx
10-08-2010, 01:37 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
helloooooooooo