Atheist Servicemen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-04-2011, 10:20 PM
RE: Atheist Servicemen?
Yea I have a friend who is based in Ft. Irwin and one of his buddies had Jedi as his religion. That's pretty good lol. I don't think it matters to many people in the service anymore because your all there for the same logic reason when your deployed and in battle and that's to save each others asses even if you have disagreements or dislike someone, your still their brother for you will shed blood for one another.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 12:48 AM
My God, we can build an army with you guys... Nice to have you all on our side.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-04-2011, 05:29 AM

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
28-04-2011, 10:26 AM
If memory serves, when I was in the Canadian Army, my dog tags said non-religious.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
28-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I had no idea there were this many in the military I think this is going to be a pretty big thread in the future as long as it stays towards the front and TTA has more and more Atheist Servicemen register here at the forum.
28-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I know that Soldieringon and a few others who rarely post on here are soldiers as well.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
28-04-2011, 05:58 PM
This probably doesn't have to be said, but I've never been in the military. I am, however, amazed at how many of us are/have been. What was that old saying about atheists and foxholes?....

And a big thanks to all the people who served, regardless of country.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
[+] 1 user Likes ashley.hunt60's post
28-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I think I found this either on here or somewhere else I can't remember but yea they always say that there is no such thing as an Atheist in fox hole, well "The old adage that 'There are no atheists in foxholes' is tantamount to admitting that religion is born of fear."-- Scott Hutchinson