Atheist TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Atheist TV
So apparently atheist TV will launch on July 29. I imagine given the chance most people here will give it a watch.
What do you expect to see? I'm guessing there will be documentaries and science and probably debates and lectures. But sometimes people don't really want to think. Sometimes people just want to be entertained. It's unlikely that they will have much original content when it comes to pure entertainment (I could be way off) due to cost but what shows do you think they might pick up? What shows would you like to see on there?
I'm going with the Star Trek franchise. They have a pretty strong humanist message(some more than others).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Atheist TV
On goddamn roku. I gots the chromecast! Facepalm

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-07-2014, 05:24 PM
For entertainment - simple - Hitchslaps...

Many many Hitchslaps...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Atheist TV
I fear they will carry Big Bang Theory and go all gimmicky. We shall see.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
25-07-2014, 06:02 PM
The Atheist Experience will be shown, not live but reruns, at least at first.
25-07-2014, 06:28 PM
This'll suck.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I think David Silverman is planning some rallies in Iowa for the caucuses for the next US Presidential election. Much of that coverage will probably be on there.
Hoping FFRF and the Student Secular Alliance get some time too

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
25-07-2014, 07:29 PM
(25-07-2014 06:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This'll suck.

Reasons?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-07-2014, 07:58 PM
(25-07-2014 07:29 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 06:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This'll suck.

Reasons?

Read the title of the thread.

It'll either be total garbage because there's a complete lack of funding and everything comes across as very amateur like or/and it will be filled with religious documentaries which are boring as fuck (and I watch a lot of documentaries, so it's no0t documentaries in general.) or/and it will be political which means it will leftist which is a false impression because not all atheists are leftists and it will likely just drive people away from atheism because atheism will have this negative leftist stigma associated with it as a result.

OH, or/and as someone mentioned it will be gimmicky and stupid.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-07-2014, 08:04 PM
(25-07-2014 07:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 07:29 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Reasons?

Read the title of the thread.

It'll either be total garbage because there's a complete lack of funding and everything comes across as very amateur like or/and it will be filled with religious documentaries which are boring as fuck (and I watch a lot of documentaries, so it's no0t documentaries in general.) or/and it will be political which means it will leftist which is a false impression because not all atheists are leftists and it will likely just drive people away from atheism because atheism will have this negative leftist stigma associated with it as a result.

OH, or/and as someone mentioned it will be gimmicky and stupid.

You might be right, we'll see. But you gotta start somewhere.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post