Atheist TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Re: Atheist TV
I'm kinda with Muff but my reasoning is because of David Silver. I think he's a rather poor PR head and even when he promoted ideas I agree with, he usually does something dumb with them.

Such as the atheist statue he for made, I could stand by or but the quotes on it were appalling dreadful and gave off a dumb image of an atheist as I see it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Atheist TV
Yeah - being in the UK I don't see much of Silverman but if there was ever a poster child for 'angry atheism' in a negative sense it's probably him.

Having said that, if I were in the states I'd probably be angry too...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
25-07-2014, 08:19 PM
(25-07-2014 08:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 07:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Read the title of the thread.

It'll either be total garbage because there's a complete lack of funding and everything comes across as very amateur like or/and it will be filled with religious documentaries which are boring as fuck (and I watch a lot of documentaries, so it's no0t documentaries in general.) or/and it will be political which means it will leftist which is a false impression because not all atheists are leftists and it will likely just drive people away from atheism because atheism will have this negative leftist stigma associated with it as a result.

OH, or/and as someone mentioned it will be gimmicky and stupid.

You might be right, we'll see. But you gotta start somewhere.

I disagree.
I don't see why Atheists need their own TV channel.
You're just indoctrinating them like religion does. People need to think for themselves, make up their own minds, come to the conclusion that atheism is the way to go on their own, not be told.
25-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Re: RE: Atheist TV
(25-07-2014 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 08:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You might be right, we'll see. But you gotta start somewhere.

I disagree.
You're just indoctrinating them like religion does. People need to think for themselves, make up their own minds, come to the conclusion that atheism is the way to go on their own, not be told.

Same reasons they have podcasts, public access shows, and, forums.... Or "communities"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-07-2014, 08:26 PM
(25-07-2014 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 08:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You might be right, we'll see. But you gotta start somewhere.

I disagree.

So would Skepticism TV be a better choice?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-07-2014, 08:37 PM
(25-07-2014 08:26 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So would Skepticism TV be a better choice?

I don't know - I'm inclined to doubt it though Wink

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
25-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I'd be satisfied with just a singular parody of a show like Ancient Aliens.
So long as it's funny, and pulls no punches in making fun of "Big Foot" documentaries, and/or shows, & the like Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-07-2014, 09:07 PM
(25-07-2014 08:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'd be satisfied with just a singular parody of a show like Ancient Aliens.
So long as it's funny, and pulls no punches in making fun of "Big Foot" documentaries, and/or shows, & the like Laugh out load

I used to like the History Channel until they started running that crap 24/7.
28-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Atheist TV
Seriously? Im not atheist, but from my beliefs I believe that this is absolutely ridiculous and that all people should believe in Jesus Christ. No offensive, but I completely disagree.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2014, 07:52 PM
(28-07-2014 07:46 PM)taylr101 Wrote:  Seriously? Im not atheist, but from my beliefs I believe that this is absolutely ridiculous and that all people should believe in Jesus Christ. No offensive, but I completely disagree.

Congratulations you make a bare assertion and have several grammatical errors in your intro post. I expect great things from you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post