Atheist Television Channel....coming soon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Atheist Television Channel....coming soon
Hummmmm. Whatcha' all think o this......?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/08...87922.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Atheist Television Channel....coming soon
(08-05-2014 02:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummmmm. Whatcha' all think o this......?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/08...87922.html

I wonder how many cable carriers in how many areas will bow to pressure and not carry it.

And who will advertise when they know their sales will plummet?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
08-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Might be interesting... especially if they pick up what's already out there on YouTube. Might reach a lot of people.

Might also expose the "aggressive" antics of the newly de-converted and anti-theists to a wider audience ... which many may find uncomfortable.

I don't have television. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I actualy dont see the point of that.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
08-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I like the idea, but I'm thinking the 7 million household estimate may be a huge stretch since people will apparently need to have a Roku player attached to their TV. I had never heard of Roku before this article. I doubt anyone but atheists are going to buy one just for this. I'd like to see something that would reach more on-the-fence viewers.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Apart from the fact that I have no idea how much (potentially better invested) resources such a venture might require, I can't see anything bad about this. I just wonder how they intend to fill a 24/7 schedule with meaningful content, but atleast they are free to ignore religious sensitivities for a change. Time to judge the content once there is some I guess, I hope to be positively surprised.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
08-05-2014, 02:46 PM
(08-05-2014 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  Might be interesting... especially if they pick up what's already out there on YouTube. Might reach a lot of people.

Might also expose the "aggressive" antics of the newly de-converted and anti-theists to a wider audience ... which many may find uncomfortable.

I don't have television. Shy

Ha! It's probably good that you don't have a TV. Most of what's on there is crap.

Yeah, an atheist channel might not give people the warm fuzzy feelings they get from tv evangelists (although evangelists give me the whim-whams along with the heebee-geebees) but it might be rather interesting anyway.

If I could suggest one thing to the makers of The Atheist Channel that would be to work into the program some of the good works atheists do. I know atheists (myself included) who donate time and money to worthy causes but no one knows they're atheists. Most theists would be shocked to learn this.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I dunno. I like the idea, but the financials of this seem sketchy. How will they pay for content? Are there any fees associated with carrying this and distributing this? How will they pay this? Are they for profit or non profit? I also doubt that there's a very wide audience for this.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
08-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I am all for it! DirecTV has a channel for dogs to watch, so I think a channel for a growing segment of the population (of humans) is OK by me.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
I like that it will be available for Roku and that it'll be free. I don't have cable so that's cool with me. Wonder though how that would effect them financially though. Also wonder what sort of content they'll run. I'm really hoping for a documentary or few. I love documentaries.

[Image: notagain.gif]