Atheist Witnessing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Atheist Witnessing
Yesterday, I was visited by two young men from a local church, not Jehovah's Witness. They asked me if they could come into my home and talk to me about Christ. I informed them that I was an Atheist. I was pleasantly surprised because they didn't immediately begin to shun me or put me down, which I'm accustom to. Instead they asked me questions about my Atheism and my lack of belief in a deity. After standing on my porch for 15 minutes and talking to them, they wished me a good day and continued on their way.

Today, one of them came back and wanted to know more. We just got done with a 4 hour discussion about religion. On his way out the door, he looked at me and said, "Thank you for opening my eyes."

This was quite an amazing experience.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Science Believer's post
28-06-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Atheist Witnessing
(28-06-2012 02:35 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Yesterday, I was visited by two young men from a local church, not Jehovah's Witness. They asked me if they could come into my home and talk to me about Christ. I informed them that I was an Atheist. I was pleasantly surprised because they didn't immediately begin to shun me or put me down, which I'm accustom to. Instead they asked me questions about my Atheism and my lack of belief in a deity. After standing on my porch for 15 minutes and talking to them, they wished me a good day and continued on their way.

Today, one of them came back and wanted to know more. We just got done with a 4 hour discussion about religion. On his way out the door, he looked at me and said, "Thank you for opening my eyes."

You might want to change your sig.

Because that's not W.W.H.D.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I think it is. Hitchens spent a lot of time explaining to Theists why there is no god and why religion is detrimental to humanity. That's what this kid and I talked about.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Science Believer's post
28-06-2012, 03:05 PM
(28-06-2012 02:35 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Yesterday, I was visited by two young men from a local church, not Jehovah's Witness. They asked me if they could come into my home and talk to me about Christ. I informed them that I was an Atheist. I was pleasantly surprised because they didn't immediately begin to shun me or put me down, which I'm accustom to. Instead they asked me questions about my Atheism and my lack of belief in a deity. After standing on my porch for 15 minutes and talking to them, they wished me a good day and continued on their way.

Making the world a saner place, one mind at a time. Good job. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-06-2012, 03:40 PM
You ARE a Stud Thumbsup

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
28-06-2012, 03:47 PM
(28-06-2012 02:44 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  I think it is. Hitchens spent a lot of time explaining to Theists why there is no god and why religion is detrimental to humanity. That's what this kid and I talked about.

lol I just think they would've been Hitch slapped.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Shiggy Smile

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
28-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm tempted to go to the neighboring churches with flyers that say the separation of church and state has been repealed and with that, I'm now here as part of the federal government to give you all a lesson about rationality. New laws will soon be added to the books that will require you to pass a mental evaluation before you can vote. I can help you pass the evaluation with a few months of study.

Then I will pass out some books by Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris and some video by Matt Dillahunty.

^ Mandatory state deconversion
I know it's evil, but sometimes, my mind just goes there.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
28-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Dude, that is amazing, I've never had such an immediate effect with anyone. Although three people I have helped shape their faith (not necessarily to an atheist, but they reject Christianity now). It was just a long process, and mostly accidental on both parts.
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
28-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I really think that Reason prevails if people are willing to talk. It's the willingness to engage in the conversation that is the biggest hurdle...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user