Atheist Witnessing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Atheist Witnessing
(28-06-2012 04:55 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I really think that Reason prevails if people are willing to talk. It's the willingness to engage in the conversation that is the biggest hurdle...
I think you're more optimistic than I am. Every time that I personally engage theists, I never change their minds, even if I can shut down every argument and limit them to "well, I'll still believe despite that".

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm an asshole.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2012, 05:48 PM
(28-06-2012 05:34 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 04:55 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I really think that Reason prevails if people are willing to talk. It's the willingness to engage in the conversation that is the biggest hurdle...
I think you're more optimistic than I am. Every time that I personally engage theists, I never change their minds, even if I can shut down every argument and limit them to "well, I'll still believe despite that".

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm an asshole.
Ok, I'm stretching on "willingness" to engage... Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I think that's awesome! I've thought about doing something like that door to door like the JW... except I'd just wear jeans and a polo with a Thinking Atheist logo on it. The script would go something like:

"Hi, my name is [insert name here]. May I ask you a question? Do you believe in God?"

At this point the person at the door would likely assume that the young man at her/his door was from the local church...

"Yes, sonny, I do. I go to New Horizon Baptist!"

"Well, that's great! But why do you believe in God? Did you know that there is no evidence of his existence? Everything that we see and experience in our world can be explained using science and reason...."

and so on.

I doubt it would really work. But it's fun to think about!

Anyway, good job and good luck!
Find all posts by this user