Atheist Youtubers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Atheist Youtubers
I am watching atheist youtubers recently and I enjoy it. Not only do I learn a lot about religion (not that I didn't know a lot about it before) but I also hear very intelligent arguments and I have the feel those are intelligent people. When I've found DarkMatter2525's channel I used the whole day (12 hours approximately) to watch all of his videos. I really love them. I get the feel that this guy asks for the right questions, even more than christians do and I am happy about everyone who thinks about god in a logic way. Also do I have the feel that a lot of atheists think about god in a very constructive way and are asking themselves the right questions.

Do you guys watch atheist youtubers? Do you think it's a good way to educate yourself? If so: what atheist youtubers do you watch? Any good recommendations?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 03:05 PM by Commonsensei.)
RE: Atheist Youtubers
(edit)

(05-11-2016 01:58 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  Do you guys watch atheist youtubers? Do you think it's a good way to educate yourself? If so: what atheist youtubers do you watch? Any good recommendations?

Yes and yes. Many of which got me thinking to the point of disbelief.

The Thinking Atheist
Has a youtube channel. I you haven't watched it already. Seth the host picks different topics then gives his options on them. Usually inviting experts to give interesting conversations.

Anothony Magnabosco
He ask's random people on the street about their beliefs. And follows up with questions. He's very respectful and I've been trying to learn from his approach.

The Atheist Experience
A public access call in show. People call in with something they would like to talk (usually god) about and they will ether have a debate or have a conversation.

The Bible Reload
Crude but funny. They watch religious movies, comics, and topics and riffet on them. They also go threw the bible chapter by chapter and give humorous insight on them.

The Armored Skeptic
Animated satire. But some really good insight.

Now not for the faint of heart. If you like debates, or deep deep thought provoking ideas.

Christopher Hitchens - author, columnist, essayist, orator, religious and literary critic, social critic, and journalist.
Richard Dawkins - an English ethologist, evolutionary biologist and author
Daniel Dennett - philosopher, writer, and cognitive scientist whose research centers on the philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, and philosophy of biology
Lawrence Krauss - Theoretical Physicist and Cosmologist
Aronra - the president of the Atheist Alliance of America, the host of the Ra-Men Podcast, a public speaker, video producer, blogger, and vlogger.
Matt Dillahanty - Public speaker and Internet personality
Sam Harris - Author, Philosopher, and Neuroscientist
The Amazing Randy - Self Proclaimed Professional Liar he is a retired stage magician and scientific skeptic who has extensively challenged paranormal and pseudoscientific claims

Are all names that can be search with profound insight on the topic.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-11-2016, 03:17 PM
you can also check out Mr Deity. He is doing comedic sketches
https://www.youtube.com/user/misterdeity

And what I enjoy for the occasional face palm, but you might know them already, The Atheist Experience.
That's a call in show where mostly christians and trolls call to make a case for their religion. It is entertaining and educating.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

For a while I liked the Amazing Atheist but on the long run I found him too yelly and at some point he just made my shitlist so I haven't watched any videos of his for the past... say 3 years, but you can check if you like his style.

Aaron Ra is great to, VERY educating on a more scientific level. Very well spoken and enjoyable videos on Youtube. Saw him live once, even better.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
05-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Atheist Youtubers
I use YouTube only to listen music. When I'm searching for knowledge I preffer books or some shorter written pieces. So, obviously I can't reccomend any atheist youtuber.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Most Atheist Youtuber aren't good in my opinion. The Thinking Atheist is one of the exception thanks to its panel and format that doesn't transform it in a one man show. Matt Dillahunty and the Atheist Experience have pretty good feed, especially if you are interested in theology since Dillahunty is very knowledgeable in theology and philosophy unlike most other Youtubers (but the call show of the Atheist Experience can become repetitive after a while). Aron Ra has extensive and well explained video on creationism that provide counter arguments and good entry level video on biology and phylogenetic. If you like more humoristic video, MrDeity is pretty much the go to and covers in a more light hearted fashion some ridiuclous aspect of the Christian Dogma. I found the chanel of Arguing from Ignorance rather interesting for presenting skepticism, but there isn't a lot of material on the said channel. All in all, Atheist Youtube channel are useful for learning only about very basic stuff and argument (for example how to debunk creationism or theodicy) and for comedy purpose. If you want to learn about something more advance or good video on complex issues, you should refer to scholars like usual.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
05-11-2016, 05:38 PM
(05-11-2016 01:58 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  ...
Any good recommendations?

See the list of links at the end of post #1 in our Resource Library.

See you in 12 hours.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
The Thinking Atheist; spent a lot of time listening to every episode. (The one with his old boss remains my least favorite.)

My Book of Mormon. I'm just starting the series, but loving the dry humor.

Jaclyn Glenn. If you check her out, sort Oldest videos first, watch a few from her Christian days. Then hop to the new ones. It's very weird to see the difference.

The Bible Reloaded; any Chick tracts or movie reviews, or lawsuit updates tend to be what I tune in for.

Sometimes Armoured Skeptic. He's got a really priceless one where he got into an argument with a Flat Earther.

God Awful Movies has a playlist on YouTube from one of the hosts, Noah Lugeons.

(05-11-2016 05:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 01:58 PM)Praying Birds Wrote:  ...
Any good recommendations?

See the list of links at the end of post #1 in our Resource Library.

See you in 12 hours.

Thumbsup
Huh, never knew that was there. Just from looking, I've read four of the ones under books for religion, cited one of the science ones in a publication and read one other.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user