Atheist and Christmas I was wondering if Atheist celebrate Christmas in any way

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Atheist and Christmas I was wondering if Atheist celebrate Christmas in any way
Like any day off from work I celebrate the shit out of that shit!

We do the secular version - we put up a tree, we eat and drink too much, spend too much money on our kids, we watch Xmas movies like Love Actually and Die Hard, you know the usual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Atheist and Christmas I was wondering if Atheist celebrate Christmas in any way
[Image: 6409534893_6d4b13b3aa_z.jpg]
11-03-2016, 02:48 PM
(12-11-2015 03:15 PM)MattB Wrote:  Atheist and Christmas

I was wondering if Atheist celebrate Christmas in any way and if they allow their kids to?

We have a man here that he and his family deck out their property with lights and such just no religion to it. Yes they exchange gifts.

So was wondering how other atheist did it?

I posted this to another group and was surprised by the answers so thought I do so here for prospective.

Hope this offends no one here.

Most of what is celebrated as Christmas is secular anyways, so when I became atheist it was very easy to cut out the religious celebration side and keep the secular side.

I mean the actual date came from Christians stealing pagan holidays so why not continue the true tradition, stealing a religions holiday that I don't believe and morphing it into what I want.
[+] 1 user Likes MattL's post
14-03-2016, 07:24 AM
(11-03-2016 02:48 PM)MattL Wrote:  Most of what is celebrated as Christmas is secular anyways, so when I became atheist it was very easy to cut out the religious celebration side and keep the secular side.

I mean the actual date came from Christians stealing pagan holidays so why not continue the true tradition, stealing a religions holiday that I don't believe and morphing it into what I want.

That's kind of how it worked out for me. Two years ago, my wife asked me if Christmas time was hard for me. I told her that not much really changed. Christmas was never a particularly religious holiday for me when I was Christian. About all that changed is I don't like the religious carols (about half of what my family sings) that much. Most years, I don't know that anyone in the family actually says anything about "the reason for the season".