Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
29-04-2010, 12:28 PM

RE: Atheist and dating
Ya, something like what she said.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2010, 12:41 PM

I would think that a persons feelings on this would be forged out of their personal experience with people in life. Although brought up a strict Catholic in the physical sense none of my friends or family had a real deep rooted religous stance. Outside of church we rarely if ever prayed, and never read the bible or anything of that sort. Church was just a thing you did on Sunday and it was until next Sunday. I'm a scientist so most of my friends in later life were scientists so rare were my encounters with the devoutly religous. So I've rarely ever been challenged so find it very easy to ignore the whole lot. I'm sure others have had much more trying lives and would have formed much different tolerances and attitudes, and that's perfectly understandable.
29-04-2010, 12:48 PM

It's not that I am intolerant of religious views, although some might argue the point due to my dislike of corrupted logic, but that from an interpersonal stand point, and depending upon ones relationship with another, it may become prudent to clarify positions with one another, so that later in life one would have a less likely chance of encountering serious difficulties, surrounding the matter.
29-04-2010, 12:53 PM

(29-04-2010 12:48 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  It's not that I am intolerant of religious views, although some might argue the point due to my dislike of corrupted logic, but that from an interpersonal stand point, and depending upon ones relationship with another, it may become prudent to clarify positions with one another, so that later in life one would have a less likely chance of encountering serious difficulties, surrounding the matter.

My immediate thought in respose to that is "Oh yes of course without a doubt". However the problem is that 16 years ago when I met my wife my true beliefs were less than perfectly clear to me. I knew I was very skeptical, but 21 years of belief is hard to shake off. However I did know deeply that our personalities, and moral values were in line.
29-04-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes, things do change.

...which is also why I think that a legal marriage should be reformed to encapsulate a set amount of time. Whereupon the parties involved must reinstate their positions, or lack thereof, every so often.
29-04-2010, 01:10 PM

Hey, that might be a good idea!
Would have saved me years of misery. x.x
29-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forums, Alaskawolf!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Thanks!
29-04-2010, 10:33 PM

(27-04-2010 01:07 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Ugh...yes 'grace' has always been a favorite of mine. I just make up stories while that's going on to be honest.

Re: prayer and grace

During grace or any other public prayer, I always keep my head up and look at the other people. And as of late, I've been pleasantly surprised to see many other faces doing the same thing. Not praying. Just standing and looking around. It's nice to see not everyone follows the crowd.
29-04-2010, 10:34 PM

Oh, was it taken that I wasn't doing that as well?