Atheist because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Atheist because...
I started this on Twitter (not realizing someone else, possibly Richard Dawkins, started it well before I did) and I thought it would be cool to see it here too.

Simply put, I began posting a series of comments that began "Atheist because..." followed by a brief reason. I'll share some examples, but I'd love to see what you guys come up with (especially when you're not limited to 140 characters).

I am atheist because:
* You never see faith healers emptying hospitals, but you do see the faithful emptying their wallets.
* a god who would sacrifice my health, wealth and the lives of my children to win a bet deserves no worship.
* picking up firewood on Saturday should not/should never have been a capital offense.
* drowning babies while complaining about abortion strikes me as hypocritical.
* the only moral response to a voice in your head telling you to kill your kid is NO!

More from you?

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Atheist because...
No evidence for any deity.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 6 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-05-2014, 05:02 PM
* I don't need Yahweh to tell me what's moral anymore than I need Venus to tell me who's beautiful.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
07-05-2014, 05:31 PM
...it was the most logical conclusion after thinking about:

• Bible errors (mainly Genesis) that are incongruous with our knowledge of the universe's history, evolution, ...and that Noah crap.
• the fact that innocent animals are eaten to death at every moment of every day—what kind of cruel bastard would create that?
• prayer is inneffective
• there are far too many religions/gods/sects/denominations for there to be a single omnipotent entity (seriously, if I were THE god, I'd make damn sure that there was no question about it)
• seeing a wheelchair-bound person with Down Syndrome and wondering how a creator could be such a dick as to pile multiple impairments on to one person while giving others "gifts" of beauty, intelligence, talent, and perfect health. This inequality is not created by anything benevolent.
• I could enjoy Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" guilt free!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
07-05-2014, 06:01 PM
(07-05-2014 05:31 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  ...it was the most logical conclusion after thinking about:

• Bible errors (mainly Genesis) that are incongruous with our knowledge of the universe's history, evolution, ...and that Noah crap.
• the fact that innocent animals are eaten to death at every moment of every day—what kind of cruel bastard would create that?
• prayer is inneffective
• there are far too many religions/gods/sects/denominations for there to be a single omnipotent entity (seriously, if I were THE god, I'd make damn sure that there was no question about it)
• seeing a wheelchair-bound person with Down Syndrome and wondering how a creator could be such a dick as to pile multiple impairments on to one person while giving others "gifts" of beauty, intelligence, talent, and perfect health. This inequality is not created by anything benevolent.
• I could enjoy Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" guilt free!

This applies to The quran and the hindu scriptures.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Atheist because. ..

I'm not all that gullible and I tend to notice bullsit and con artists when I see them.

Every claim ftom nearly every religion has yet to justify those claims with evidence.

If my imaginary god that I created 5 min ago can do everything your god can do, then guess what, your god is imaginary too.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
A bet?

And who's been drowning babies?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Atheist because....

*I care.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Because "just have faith" is not an explanation.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm an Atheist because:
- An all powerful God would never let good shows like Firefly be canceled.
- An all powerful God would never let good video games get canceled like East v West.
- While I'm on the topic of video games, an all powerful God wouldn't make me wait for the next EU4 expansion or Destiny.
- If there was an all powerful God this bottle of vanilla coke wouldn't be empty.
- If there was an all powerful God, the supermarket I go too would sell the 1L bottles of lemon lime and bitters and not just the expensive 4 packs that I can't justify buying.
- If there was an all powerful God the crocodile lollies I like would come in a bigger packet than 90g
- If there was an all powerful God the quality of the green apples at the supermarket I go to wont be so shit they're only good for stewing (though they do make very good stewed apple and they are incredibly cheap at the moment).
- If there was an all powerful God, he would have reminded me to shift my fan from my bedside to my laptop side last time I was standing up.
- If there was an all powerful God he wouldn't have grown my neighbors grapefruit tree right outside my window BUT away from our fence line so I can't grab them. They just sit there teasing me. Fucking bastard, I fucking love grapefruit. Look at them, just growing there... just out of reach... Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post