Atheist because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Atheist because...
(07-05-2014 04:47 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  I started this on Twitter (not realizing someone else, possibly Richard Dawkins, started it well before I did) and I thought it would be cool to see it here too.

Simply put, I began posting a series of comments that began "Atheist because..." followed by a brief reason. I'll share some examples, but I'd love to see what you guys come up with (especially when you're not limited to 140 characters).

I am atheist because:
* You never see faith healers emptying hospitals, but you do see the faithful emptying their wallets.
* a god who would sacrifice my health, wealth and the lives of my children to win a bet deserves no worship.
* picking up firewood on Saturday should not/should never have been a capital offense.
* drowning babies while complaining about abortion strikes me as hypocritical.
* the only moral response to a voice in your head telling you to kill your kid is NO!

More from you?

I am atheist because:
There is no such thing as magic
Noahs ark is retarded and disproven ( I discovered this just by thinking about it by age 13)

God did genocide and people praised him as GOOD
Plus the stuff you said above.

It does not take scientific proof to realize that the bible is Bull Shit.

oh...and I am atheist because I am logical
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I wanted to know who created god.
The outrage this question caused flipped a mental switch.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
07-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm an atheist because god can apparently see what I'm doing in the bathroom. I can't get off if I know an old man in the clouds is watching me, so it's better to just not believe in him and get on with pounding one out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like ghostexorcist's post
07-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Because it's the most reasonable position.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I am an atheist because I tried to be a better Christian and it backfired. Knowledge is a powerful thing.

I am an atheist because no omnipotent being would allow children to be hurt or to hurt themselves. If there is an omnipotent being allowing that to happen it is not worthy of my adoration.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
08-05-2014, 06:52 AM
I am atheist because my back goes out when I bow too long.

I am atheist because I no longer have an idea of God.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
08-05-2014, 07:05 AM
a quote from my 8 year old daughter yesterday.

"if god made us perfect why do I have to go to the orthodontist and [sister] doesn't?"

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-05-2014, 11:30 AM
*There is no logic in explaining the existence of evil with the free will excuse when the same god was willing to limit our free will in other ways anyway; we can't fly just because we want to nor can we snap our fingers and pop over to the moon.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm a atheist because the lack of evidence. Also theist arguments are weak and pathetic. Seriously religious texts like the bible and Koran are very ridiculous. I bet most Christians never read the bible cover to cover.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
08-05-2014, 11:46 AM
... otherwise I'd have to believe Billy Graham, Ted Haggard, et. al. and I hate nausea.