Atheist because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 11:55 AM by Impulse.)
RE: Atheist because...
*If there was a god with such power that it could create the entire universe and such size that it could be omnipresent, surely we would know; how could we possibly miss him/her/it?

*If the Christian god existed, that would mean God created evil, therefore wouldn't be God, and therefore that God couldn't exist.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm atheist because the existance of a god places no obligation on me.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
08-05-2014, 12:45 PM
(08-05-2014 11:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  *If the Christian god existed, that would mean God created evil, therefore wouldn't be God, and therefore that God couldn't exist.

God doesn't seem to think so:

Isaiah 45:7 KJV Wrote:I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the LORD do all these things.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
08-05-2014, 01:32 PM
(08-05-2014 12:45 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 11:52 AM)Impulse Wrote:  *If the Christian god existed, that would mean God created evil, therefore wouldn't be God, and therefore that God couldn't exist.

God doesn't seem to think so:

Isaiah 45:7 KJV Wrote:I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the LORD do all these things.

Yes, I know, but that's beside the point of the logical conclusion. If god created evil, there is no good reason for it in the context of the Christian omnipotent, omniscient, all loving god. The "good reason" Christians usually give - gawd didn't want to limit our free will - fails because, even inside their fantasy world, he did limit our free will in many ways. So my statement holds and the fact that their own babble has god itself admitting it created evil only makes the whole thing funnier.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-05-2014, 02:03 PM
(08-05-2014 01:32 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 12:45 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  God doesn't seem to think so:

Yes, I know, but that's beside the point of the logical conclusion. If god created evil, there is no good reason for it in the context of the Christian omnipotent, omniscient, all loving god. The "good reason" Christians usually give - gawd didn't want to limit our free will - fails because, even inside their fantasy world, he did limit our free will in many ways. So my statement holds and the fact that their own babble has god itself admitting it created evil only makes the whole thing funnier.

Yes, but that's where you bust out the ol' extra-strength cognitive dissonance guidance of the Holy Spirit to go all "but God's like totally ineffable you guys so it doesn't have to make sense SO NEVER YOU MIND, just shut up and pray along" on anyone with the audacity to actually consider the implications of all those meaningless rote slogans in order to reconcile ignore the fundamental contradictions.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
(08-05-2014 02:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes, but that's where you bust out the ol' extra-strength cognitive dissonance guidance of the Holy Spirit to go all "but God's like totally ineffable you guys so it doesn't have to make sense SO NEVER YOU MIND, just shut up and pray along" on anyone with the audacity to actually consider the implications of all those meaningless rote slogans in order to reconcile ignore the fundamental contradictions.
You're right. Silly me. And then there's the part where gawd is just fantasy creates morality so therefore, if he defines the creation of evil as "good", then the Christian's don't have to deal with their cognitive dissonance and gawd is still all imaginary good.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
(08-05-2014 02:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 02:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes, but that's where you bust out the ol' extra-strength cognitive dissonance guidance of the Holy Spirit to go all "but God's like totally ineffable you guys so it doesn't have to make sense SO NEVER YOU MIND, just shut up and pray along" on anyone with the audacity to actually consider the implications of all those meaningless rote slogans in order to reconcile ignore the fundamental contradictions.
You're right. Silly me. And then there's the part where gawd is just fantasy creates morality so therefore, if he defines the creation of evil as "good", then the Christian's don't have to deal with their cognitive dissonance and gawd is still all imaginary good.

Now you're getting it!

... this is my signature!
08-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Atheist because I know I'm not manipulated by a higher power to be loving, kind, and helpful to everyone. Atheist because I want to control my life, not be controlled.

Somethin' like that?

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
08-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm an atheist because...

[Image: i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama.jpeg]

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2014, 06:35 AM
...I'm rational, not delusional.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post