Atheist because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Atheist because...
It just didn't make any logical sense.

How is someone who sends himself to earth to be sacrificed to himself to save us from himself as someone deserving or worship is beyond comprehension.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
11-05-2014, 11:05 AM
(11-05-2014 11:01 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  It just didn't make any logical sense.

How is someone who sends himself to earth to be sacrificed to himself to save us from himself as someone deserving or worship is beyond comprehension.

Yep. Christianity is very ridiculous if you think about it.
11-05-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 12:14 PM by Anjele.)
If I could have just figured out the reason for sit, stand, kneel, sit, kneel, stand, kneel, stand, kneel, sit, stand, put your left leg in, take your left leg out, put your left leg in, and ya shake it all about....the Catholic church may have had me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm atheist for a whole shitload of reasons that have already been mentioned. One thing I will add is that one of the big reasons I became an atheist is the fact that religion doesn't allow people to question it. If something is true it should be able to stand up to any kind of questioning. Religion has no interest in truth. Its only agenda is to keep people believing in all of the bullshit it shoves down their throats. Religious organizations don't want people to become educated. An educated public is very bad for business in religion, because the more educated you are, the less likely you are to believe in superstitious bullshit. They know that their most powerful tools are fear and ignorance, so the more educated people are, the less effect those tools have. The kidnappings of the hundreds of girls in Nigeria by Muslim extremists for trying to get an education is a perfect example of that.

It's no coincidence that the era where the church was at the height of its power in Europe is known as The Dark Ages. If it were up to religious organizations we'd still be there.

It's funny how members of organizations that do whatever they can to hinder progress have no problems taking advantage of the advances made by science in so many situations, especially when they are need of medical treatment...but should we ever expect anything less than hypocrisy from these people?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
11-05-2014, 04:33 PM
(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I'm atheist for a whole shitload of reasons that have already been mentioned. One thing I will add is that one of the big reasons I became an atheist is the fact that religion doesn't allow people to question it. If something is true it should be able to stand up to any kind of questioning.
Have you found any social organization that stands up to any kind of questioning - National Democrat Party???

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Religion has no interest in truth. Its only agenda is to keep people believing in all of the bullshit it shoves down their throats. Religious organizations don't want people to become educated.
Yes they do - they organized education. What you cannot comprehend is that education only serves the upper end of the bell curve of intelligence - most people are not too smarts and they just want to get through what is a life that requires them to work and not think - do you get paid to think??? Don't lie.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  An educated public is very bad for business in religion, because the more educated you are, the less likely you are to believe in superstitious bullshit.
An educated public is very bad for business in politics, because the more educated you are, the less likely you are to believe in political campaign bullshit and corruption cover-ups.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  They know that their most powerful tools are fear and ignorance, so the more educated people are, the less effect those tools have. The kidnappings of the hundreds of girls in Nigeria by Muslim extremists for trying to get an education is a perfect example of that.
Yeah - like educated Africans are going to make a difference. You stupid ignorant idiot - those girls were not getting an education that was worth anything.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  It's no coincidence that the era where the church was at the height of its power in Europe is known as The Dark Ages. If it were up to religious organizations we'd still be there.
You're silly the Church was at its peak in the 1500's until 1950's.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  It's funny how members of organizations that do whatever they can to hinder progress have no problems taking advantage of the advances made by science in so many situations, especially when they are need of medical treatment...but should we ever expect anything less than hypocrisy from these people?

Damn good rant - feel better??? Are atheists putting together any worthy organization that helps people understand all that education shit you're so enthused about??

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
There should only be one reason for being an atheist, and that is because you do not believe in the existence of a god - that is what your definition is, and restricts you to.

Once you start explaining it with all this other bullshit, you're getting into public policy - whether it is officially explicit, or acquiescently implicit.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
11-05-2014, 04:57 PM
(11-05-2014 04:50 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  There should only be one reason for being an atheist, and that is because you do not believe in the existence of a god - that is what your definition is, and restricts you to.

Once you start explaining it with all this other bullshit, you're getting into public policy - whether it is officially explicit, or acquiescently implicit.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

[Image: Pacific.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-05-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 05:16 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
(11-05-2014 04:33 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I'm atheist for a whole shitload of reasons that have already been mentioned. One thing I will add is that one of the big reasons I became an atheist is the fact that religion doesn't allow people to question it. If something is true it should be able to stand up to any kind of questioning.
Have you found any social organization that stands up to any kind of questioning - National Democrat Party???

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Religion has no interest in truth. Its only agenda is to keep people believing in all of the bullshit it shoves down their throats. Religious organizations don't want people to become educated.
Yes they do - they organized education. What you cannot comprehend is that education only serves the upper end of the bell curve of intelligence - most people are not too smarts and they just want to get through what is a life that requires them to work and not think - do you get paid to think??? Don't lie.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  An educated public is very bad for business in religion, because the more educated you are, the less likely you are to believe in superstitious bullshit.
An educated public is very bad for business in politics, because the more educated you are, the less likely you are to believe in political campaign bullshit and corruption cover-ups.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  They know that their most powerful tools are fear and ignorance, so the more educated people are, the less effect those tools have. The kidnappings of the hundreds of girls in Nigeria by Muslim extremists for trying to get an education is a perfect example of that.
Yeah - like educated Africans are going to make a difference. You stupid ignorant idiot - those girls were not getting an education that was worth anything.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  It's no coincidence that the era where the church was at the height of its power in Europe is known as The Dark Ages. If it were up to religious organizations we'd still be there.
You're silly the Church was at its peak in the 1500's until 1950's.

(11-05-2014 04:12 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  It's funny how members of organizations that do whatever they can to hinder progress have no problems taking advantage of the advances made by science in so many situations, especially when they are need of medical treatment...but should we ever expect anything less than hypocrisy from these people?

Damn good rant - feel better??? Are atheists putting together any worthy organization that helps people understand all that education shit you're so enthused about??

I like that "most people are not too smarts" quote you made there. The correct word to use there would be *smart*, not smarts, genius. The fact that you do nothing but resort to personal attacks making childish insults speaks volumes about your level of intelligence. That alone tells me that you're not even worth my time. Go find someone else to troll, because I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of stooping to your level.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
(11-05-2014 04:50 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  There should only be one reason for being an atheist, and that is because you do not believe in the existence of a god - that is what your definition is, and restricts you to.

And those subjects are not part of atheism. The only 'limitation' is in your imagination.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2014, 05:26 PM
(11-05-2014 04:33 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  bell curve of intelligence - most people are not too smarts and they just want to get through what is a life that requires them to work and not think - do you get paid to think??? Don't lie.

The Bell curve was shown to be full of cooked statistics as disproven shortly after it was released in the 90's.

You're "not too smarts" (sic) yourself.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes