Atheist because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: Atheist because...
Atheist because:

* I can't fathom a God who lets rapists and murderers commit their atrocious acts because of free will, yet turns a woman into a pillar of salt on the fucking spot because she followed the perfectly natural impulse to look back as her home and everyone she knew and loved was being consumed by sulfuric fire from heaven. WHERE'S HER FREE WILL?

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I quit believing in fairy tales a long, long time ago.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Before answering the OP:
There are a lot of people (you should know who you are) here using arguments from ignorance to justify their non-belief. I thought you guys are 'thinking atheists'?
You don't have to justify non-belief. Non-belief is a null position. It just is.

Because the evidence presented previously in my life has been proven to be either wrong or unreliable w.r.t. god(s).

Because I prefer to believe as many true things as possible and not believe as many false things as possible.
09-05-2014, 12:11 PM
(09-05-2014 11:21 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  Before answering the OP:
There are a lot of people (you should know who you are) here using arguments from ignorance to justify their non-belief. I thought you guys are 'thinking atheists'?
You don't have to justify non-belief. Non-belief is a null position. It just is.

Because the evidence presented previously in my life has been proven to be either wrong or unreliable w.r.t. god(s).

Because I prefer to believe as many true things as possible and not believe as many false things as possible.

Without critiquing anything you're saying here, let me just point out that this thread and topic are not intended to present formal arguments so much as concise thoughts. If you or anyone else wants to challenge a particular statement of mine, be my guest.

Visit my blog
[+] 2 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-05-2014, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 02:36 PM by TwoCultSurvivor.)
Listen, you've already posted on this subject in a number of different threads. Coming onto THIS thread to revive the same discussion hijacks this thread's intention and is unappreciated. Let the rest of us get back on topic, please. Thank you.

Edit: Thank you, mods, for taking care of the derail.

Visit my blog
[+] 4 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-05-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 02:36 PM by TwoCultSurvivor.)
Post deleted: problem addressed.

Visit my blog
09-05-2014, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 02:37 PM by TwoCultSurvivor.)
Post deleted. Problem addressed.

Visit my blog
09-05-2014, 02:50 PM
I was a devout christian until I started having children. When I would hold my daughters, and look at them while they were sleeping, I knew I could never punish them with eternal anguish, no matter what they did. And if god were all-loving and all-powerful, then he could have figured out something better, or never made a hell..

So...I guess I'm an atheist because I'm a better father than god.
[+] 3 users Like Dirtnapper324's post
09-05-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 04:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
I blame Nietzsche and Sartre and Camus and Russell and all the existentialists. Bastards should be banned from schools. Angry

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2014, 05:12 PM
... I was born that way.
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post