Poll: Why is it that in many countries there are lots of churches than hospital, could church heal a man whose wounded in a battle?, and why is it that people are used to pray to resolve their problems rath
This poll is closed.
this could be a wide-range discussion 100.00% 1 100.00%
Mind over matter 0% 0 0%
Total 1 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Atheist believe that..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2011, 12:19 PM
RE: Atheist believe that..
(22-04-2011 10:02 PM)MarxLuiz Wrote:  I am atheist period
please don't tell us you invented some kind of classification method...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
23-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Ok...
Now for serious...
I'd love to vote but i am missing the option
*All your base are belongs to us*
Tongue

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-04-2011, 08:47 AM
(23-04-2011 12:13 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  @Green, How did you get negative statements out of that? Actually that is spot on with what I believe, and that is probably due to the fact that I am a thinking atheist (although I don't believe it requires any amount of thought to come to those obvious conclusions stated in the topic post).

I kind of got the feeling that it's meant to be bad too. The way that he/she worded it makes it seem as though they think it's bad, but the words are indeed correct and true(and morally good, hospitals = good). I'm not sure what they are getting at, but the randomness of it all makes from think troll.

@The_observer, hopefully this won't come off as creepy, but congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
24-04-2011, 09:50 AM
(23-04-2011 12:13 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  @Green, How did you get negative statements out of that? Actually that is spot on with what I believe, and that is probably due to the fact that I am a thinking atheist (although I don't believe it requires any amount of thought to come to those obvious conclusions stated in the topic post).

It's not that I see them as negatives but they were stated in a way that made them appear so. The way he worded it sounded like a theist stating the way an atheist thinks is wrong.

Also it's a bit of an umbrella, atheists believe a number of things just not religion, there isn't one unified atheist code of beliefs, that's what I was driving at.

24-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Green - I like your new avatar.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
24-04-2011, 10:12 PM

(22-04-2011 11:16 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Then beware of theist tampons.

OHHHHHHH!

I'll never shop for OB regulars with quite the same innocence again. Thanks for that. No, really!Confused

Tongue

This atheist believes that if an omni-benevolent higher power did exist, it would make sure lesser powers never needed a hospital.

Ergo, disease, malady, injury, is proof God doesn't exist.
And prayer just begs to differ.
Quote this message in a reply