Roronoa Zoro from One Piece.

[Image: Kaku_vs_zoro.jpg]

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Atheist characters on TV
A number of fundamentalist Christians I know love shows like House and the Big Bang Theory despite the Atheism yet they revile atheism that is not packaged in an entertaining TV program.
[+] 1 user Likes That One Guy's post
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
How come you list Sheldon but not Lenard from The Big Bang Theory?

Every aspect of the show on the topic points to him as an atheist as well; it is just showing him not as strong an atheist as Sheldon. The only moments of things close to religious thought to Lenard is his desire to have the so called warmth of holidays.

As for Homer Simpson quotes on that.. My favorite of the show was when he about to be sent as a missionary and says, "But wait, I don't even believe in Jeebus!" only to moments later show, "Help me JEEBUS!"

How about Dilbert! Ah the goodness, "Where's your Todd now?:

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
12-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Dr. John Becker (Ted Danson) Pretty outspoken about it in the series.
[+] 2 users Like socken's post
13-08-2012, 08:06 PM
(12-08-2012 07:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How come you list Sheldon but not Lenard from The Big Bang Theory?

Every aspect of the show on the topic points to him as an atheist as well; it is just showing him not as strong an atheist as Sheldon. The only moments of things close to religious thought to Lenard is his desire to have the so called warmth of holidays.

As for Homer Simpson quotes on that.. My favorite of the show was when he about to be sent as a missionary and says, "But wait, I don't even believe in Jeebus!" only to moments later show, "Help me JEEBUS!"

How about Dilbert! Ah the goodness, "Where's your Todd now?:

Your're right. I only listed Sheldon because I think he's the main character in TBBT.

I wonder if believers feel offended when they watch their favorite characters being sarcastic about religion... (in case they understand sarcasm!)

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2012, 09:50 PM
[Image: a5390a51adb72da39bdcda1bd299f67f.gif?1324212758]

[Image: 215px-Paul_poster.jpg]
Paul the alien and the characters in the movie Paul are hardcore atheists. There's a great scene with a debate with a Young Earth Creationist. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-08-2012, 10:03 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoMtkPNhlMF5WPtLs6qJ8...GhRYWgGyTA]

Edward (big smiling blonde guy), his wife Winry (blonde girl), and his brother Alphonse (short-haired blonde guy) all say they don't believe in God during the FMA series.

[Image: Brian_Griffin.png]

We all know who this guy is.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
(03-08-2012 10:39 AM)KVron Wrote:  What atheist characters from tv series or movies do you know?

Some that come to mind:

- Dr. House
- Dr. Chase (from Dr. House)
- Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)
- Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones)
- Homer Simpson
- Gavin Nichols (The Ledge, movie)

Those are all that come to mind. Please feel free to add more to the list!

Bad english

Homer is christian. There's only one proclaimed atheist in Springfield (even though sometimes he is seen on the church), Sideshow Mel. Hobo
12-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Most characters on ReGenesis. Natch, since they are scientists (have I mentioned I love this show?)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Atheist characters on TV
(12-12-2012 08:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  Most characters on ReGenesis. Natch, since they are scientists (have I mentioned I love this show?)

You sure love a lot of shows no one else has ever heard of. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My