Atheist characters on TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Atheist characters on TV
What atheist characters from tv series or movies do you know?

Some that come to mind:

- Dr. House
- Dr. Chase (from Dr. House)
- Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory)
- Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones)
- Homer Simpson
- Gavin Nichols (The Ledge, movie)

Those are all that come to mind. Please feel free to add more to the list!

<edit>Bad english</edit>

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Atheist characters on TV
I don't think you can count Homer Simpson. He believes in Jeebus. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Sticking with the theme of tv doctors, Dr Cox from Scrubs is an atheist. "Laverne believes in God, which is hilarious to me." He has an episode where he argues with his religious sister about how "everything happens for a reason" is a silly idea, since he deals with dying kids all day.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
All the Transformers.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Homer is an Atheist? But also, I didn't know he believed in Jesus either. ... so .. which is it?

You people are just bent on confusing me. I'm heading to my Google machine. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
(03-08-2012 12:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Homer is an Atheist? But also, I didn't know he believed in Jesus either. ... so .. which is it?

You people are just bent on confusing me. I'm heading to my Google machine. Dodgy

Homer Simpson doesn't believe in Jesus. He believes in Jeebus. Sheesh.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Mr Spock

Well, probably all of the Star Trek characters (except the evil bad guys, of course)

03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Bill Maher

03-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Here's some telling quotes by Homer and a couple other characters....

"I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me."
- Homer Simpson.

"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion."
- School Superintendent

God is my favorite fictional character. -Homer Simpson

Praise Jeb-us. - Homer Simpson

I'm looking........THIS BOOK DOESN'T HAVE ANY ANSWERS. - Homer Simpson (on the bible)

If the Flintstones has taught us anything, it is that pelicans can be used to mix cement."--Homer

In the argument he has with Marge, Homer announces he doesn't want to go to church anymore. "What if we choose the wrong God? Then God will be mad at us."

"Aren't we forgeting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa." - Bart

I also found a good site full of Homer quotes! They're not particularly Atheist quotes, but it's a positive atheist site.
http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/homer.htm

My favorite quotes so far, are:
Hey, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

You know, the one with all the well-meaning rules that don't work in real life -- uh, Christianity.
-- Homer Simpson, telling what religion the family belongs to

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-08-2012, 12:50 PM
(03-08-2012 12:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Bill Maher

Bill Maher is a tv character? Thought he was a real guy. And you're sheeshing me? Dodgy