Atheist community?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: Atheist community?
I am about to create the banner for my website and also a banner to advertise.
Now that sounds weird so let me tell you what I wanna do.
Back when I was a witch I also administrated my own forum. Part of my members came through partnerships with other forums and comunity of the kind. We would exchange banners.
I would like to do something like that with my community project. Kinda to get the word around that there is now something like that in Dublin.
I just don't want it to look like a cult or anything so I am still trying to find good words, and something nice to write to administrators of atheist sites and forums.
Just what I would need are some forums. So if any of you is in a forum you think would be fine with something like that, let me know. I would like to write to the administrators of those.
I feel it would be very weird to just randomly write to all of them, it is always better to tell the admin that I am approaching them because a member of that very forum/community put in a good word.
So, let me know Smile

TTA-Forum-Team watch out, the mail will come soon Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
19-03-2012, 04:14 PM
yay Leela! I'm glad you're making this little project happen.
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2012, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 06:22 AM by Smooshmonster.)
Y
(10-03-2012 05:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  Today I realized something more than before (I guess most of you had that point)

I really miss some kind of real life community.
A bit like that churchy stuff just leaving the whole churchy stuff out. No sunday service, no meetings where you need to attend, just a real community, atheist, active, a place to turn to when you need help, a place where you share your achievments, where you offer and receive. And not even talking about making it a real club, with fees and all that. No, I am talking about some kind of... dunno....
A community you can turn to, where you have fun, you have meet&greets, a BBQ in summer, a trip to the sea side (well that's easy in Ireland), visiting a museum together or a pub or anything. Just something for real life.

So I had an idea to start that kind of thing here in Dublin.
I just don't know atheists in Dublin. I found atheistireland but there is not a lot happening, there is nothing regular, not the kind of thing I would like to have. They say if you write them when you want to organize a meet and greet in your area you have to write them an email and they make it public, I wrote, there was never a response Undecided

So are there any Dubliners here? (not talking about the band)
Or around Dublin?
Anyone an idea how to start a thing like that?
I am really good in organizing things, I just don't know how to start it off really...

Input appreciated

cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------
Started working on a website for this project: http://duatco.webs.com/
click it and tell me what you think

Huh? You're from Dublin? Why did I think you were German?
Stupid Brain.
I'm in Drumcondra. I know quite a few atheists in the area. My family for starters Tongue
If you're setting something up, I can rope them into joining.

You could also check out boards.ie, there is an atheist section and just leaving a post there could get you some interest.
Atheist Ireland also has a forum, but as you said it's not very active. There is a monthly pub meeting with a speaker though, happening somewhere in town. I can forward you the newsletter if you're interested. There's also a facebook group for AI.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
20-03-2012, 07:04 AM
wow smoosh great news!!!
I am in Phibsborough Big Grin what about coffee this weekend? hah how cool is that Smile
and not stupid brain, I am German, but I am living in Dublin Smile
And yes, newsletter sounds good. I am going to check boards.ie and I am not member of facebook but I start realizing that I might need it at some point because so many people use it....

20-03-2012, 07:24 AM
(20-03-2012 06:12 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Y
(10-03-2012 05:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  Today I realized something more than before (I guess most of you had that point)

I really miss some kind of real life community.
A bit like that churchy stuff just leaving the whole churchy stuff out. No sunday service, no meetings where you need to attend, just a real community, atheist, active, a place to turn to when you need help, a place where you share your achievments, where you offer and receive. And not even talking about making it a real club, with fees and all that. No, I am talking about some kind of... dunno....
A community you can turn to, where you have fun, you have meet&greets, a BBQ in summer, a trip to the sea side (well that's easy in Ireland), visiting a museum together or a pub or anything. Just something for real life.

So I had an idea to start that kind of thing here in Dublin.
I just don't know atheists in Dublin. I found atheistireland but there is not a lot happening, there is nothing regular, not the kind of thing I would like to have. They say if you write them when you want to organize a meet and greet in your area you have to write them an email and they make it public, I wrote, there was never a response Undecided

So are there any Dubliners here? (not talking about the band)
Or around Dublin?
Anyone an idea how to start a thing like that?
I am really good in organizing things, I just don't know how to start it off really...

Input appreciated

cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------
Started working on a website for this project: http://duatco.webs.com/
click it and tell me what you think

Huh? You're from Dublin? Why did I think you were German?
Stupid Brain.
I'm in Drumcondra. I know quite a few atheists in the area. My family for starters Tongue
If you're setting something up, I can rope them into joining.

You could also check out boards.ie, there is an atheist section and just leaving a post there could get you some interest.
Atheist Ireland also has a forum, but as you said it's not very active. There is a monthly pub meeting with a speaker though, happening somewhere in town. I can forward you the newsletter if you're interested. There's also a facebook group for AI.
Awesome. Leela and I live in Dublin and we would love to meet you if you're interested. So yeah, how about coffee? Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
20-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Wow, we are practically neighbours. I'd love to meet up this weekend. I'll be in town Saturday evening if you'd like to meet for coffee. Do you like Bewleys on Grafton Street? Or should we not make plans in public?
Sorry, I've never done this before Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
20-03-2012, 08:56 AM
lol why not in public, I could post it on my ws already Big Grin if that's fine, noone visits it yet but who cares Big Grin The more who come the more fun Smile
I know Grafton Street but not Bewleys. What about The Duke? Know it? Really sweet little pub and upstairs we might even be able to sit down hah. What time would you like?

20-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Sure, I know where that is. I'll be free around 6 pm. Does that suit you?

20-03-2012, 11:11 AM
that's fine. We'll wait in front of it so we do actually find each other Big Grin (Malleus is 2 meters high, you won't miss us)

So if anyone else around Dublin wants to come, you know where and when Smile

20-03-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL yes. Look for the tall big guy with too much hair Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.