Atheist community?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: Atheist community?
Look at my banner, my banner is amazing.
So proud.
It actually took me about double the time nessasary because my computer decided to turn off without warning before I could save anything.
The white inside is transparent, so if you are in a forum that has a dark backround that part will be dark, or if the backround has a pattern then this will be visible there.
(made with gimp, isn't gimp amazing?)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Leela's post
20-03-2012, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 04:59 PM by Erxomai.)
Looking good, Leela.
Too bad your meetings aren't closer, I'd likely join you and Mal.
Smile
(20-03-2012 08:46 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Wow, we are practically neighbours. I'd love to meet up this weekend. I'll be in town Saturday evening if you'd like to meet for coffee. Do you like Bewleys on Grafton Street? Or should we not make plans in public?
Sorry, I've never done this before Tongue

Now we creepy American stalkers will know where to find you!
Muah hahahah!
(11-03-2012 05:13 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  The Seattle area seems to be a bit of a haven for magical-thinking-abstainers. At least, given the meetup group size. Smile

Hey Rook, do you live in the Emerald City?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok. I'll be wearing a high vis vest, so Erxomai knows where to aim the laser cannon.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
21-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Nice job... uh, just one critique. On the page http://duatco.webs.com/about the color for the font makes it really hard to read for me (on the takeaway page that color by the banner as well). I can always highlight words, but just letting you know. Looks good otherwise for a starter page..

As far as meetings, it may take a while before you get people, so try not to get discouraged. Just keep advertising and try to do things in the community and advertise that as well on the site. Like help with a clean up or something. That's why I liked the ACA so much, because it did as much as it could for the community not just the members of the group.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
21-03-2012, 02:31 PM
cranioumonempty, what do you think? should it be lighter? or is it the specific color? I found this very nice on my eyes but I can change it of course.
Yes of course I will advertise, for starters only online.
if I see it becoming kinda successful I might get a proper website but for now I think this one will do. After all, it's for free Big Grin

But don't ask how much I am cursing while working on it. The userinterface is a nightmare Big Grin

25-03-2012, 06:07 AM
So yesterday was our first highly official meeting Big Grin In a pub heh
Was really nice. We met at 6 and at 9 smooshmonster was like "didn't really feel how 3 hours went by"
True.
We were talking about all kinds of stuff, religion as well as gaming. Those were pretty much the two main topics of the evening Big Grin Ah yes, and Dean, who is a devout catholic Big Grin I think Dean came up like 5 times, always with the introduction that he is a devout catholic Big Grin Now I would like to meet Dean, just so the name has a face.
We also thought about what we want to do next and as we were talking about gaming we thought about a gaming evening with card games and board games. Sounds fun to me.
Another thing will be the Zombie run in summer, I sure will be there!

Here something that came to my mind when we were talking about Jesus and Zombies:
[Image: christianity_zombie_jesus.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like Leela's post
25-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Oh, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I must have gone at that time.

Uh, yeah, lighter. I'm not even sure what color it is (unless I use the computer to cheat). It looks a little better on this computer, so a little of it might have to do with the screen I'm using too (unless you changed it already). I think the other one was on power saving, so that might have been a factor.

As far as the site, yeah, if you are stuck in the template they give you, then I feel for you. If it as least a wysiwyg editor (and you don't like coding) then at least that's something.

I see you had the first meeting. You might also want to gather current events too so you can throw out some discussion points if the meetings ever reach a slow down. They may not if you have enough people with enough ideas, but it helps to be prepared as well.

I think you are doing great though. Nice work. I wish that I would have found a community earlier when I became an atheist. I'd probably be more sane now if that was the case.
(21-03-2012 02:31 PM)Leela Wrote:  cranioumonempty, what do you think? should it be lighter? or is it the specific color? I found this very nice on my eyes but I can change it of course.
Yes of course I will advertise, for starters only online.
if I see it becoming kinda successful I might get a proper website but for now I think this one will do. After all, it's for free Big Grin

But don't ask how much I am cursing while working on it. The userinterface is a nightmare Big Grin

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-03-2012, 08:31 AM
We should totally make Dean a guest speaker at our next meeting, maybe for Zombie-Jesus-Day (more commonly known as Easter) Big Grin

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
So are we making any more plans to meet up? I met with Cian today and he asked when we're planning to have our Atheist Game Night.
Are youse free next week?

07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
I was thinking about stuff the whole time
Actually I thought about texting you to see if you are free this weekend...
I am free sunday and monday.
Wanna come over, play some munchkin? We don't have to book a location, I have a table and places to sit Big Grin
Also was thinking about going to the cinema. If you guys wanna join? "The hunger games" if possible tomorrow, late (so no kids are ruining the experience)