Atheist cringe compilation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Atheist cringe compilation
(31-07-2016 10:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah but through this thread I was able to cheat on my non existent wife. Wink

Always looking for that silver lining, eh Banjo?

take it when you can get it. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
31-07-2016, 11:25 PM
(31-07-2016 10:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They have a 30 day/30 post rule before posting video links. Not a bad plan since so many of the first time posters who include links are drive by assholes.

Oh, OK. Thanks.

Does it encourage the drive-bys to provide more reasoned arguments? If so, I can see that it would be a useful rule.

If it's just "Hahaha, you guyz suck" but with no substance, I don't see the difference.

For those here who may not know, there is a large amount of moderator discretion allowed by the Admin-gods but the rule of thumb here is that links are removed if they are purely self-promotion or adverts (although these are usually cleaned out before the first post) or clickbait to something that is not atheism related.

In this case, I wrote a quick overview of the video so that those who did not want to add to the video's view-count could choose to avoid it but left the link so that those who wanted to discuss this topic could do so.

Reasonable call? Or not? You decide.

Smile

Not only reasonable, but exactly the kind of consideration moms and I expect from our team. It's why we so successfully operate under such "grey" rules.

As usual, good call DLJ.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
31-07-2016, 11:28 PM
(31-07-2016 10:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh, OK. Thanks.

Does it encourage the drive-bys to provide more reasoned arguments? If so, I can see that it would be a useful rule.

If it's just "Hahaha, you guyz suck" but with no substance, I don't see the difference.

For those here who may not know, there is a large amount of moderator discretion allowed by the Admin-gods but the rule of thumb here is that links are removed if they are purely self-promotion or adverts (although these are usually cleaned out before the first post) or clickbait to something that is not atheism related.

In this case, I wrote a quick overview of the video so that those who did not want to add to the video's view-count could choose to avoid it but left the link so that those who wanted to discuss this topic could do so.

Reasonable call? Or not? You decide.

Smile

Since the video was by theismdefender (or some such shit as that, I refuse to bump his count up again to verify) I am willing to bet that the video was made by the OP and he was using this forum and AF as a way to drive up his view count.

The post and the link were basically useless here to anyone but the producer of the video.

As usual input is not really wanted or appreciated. Lesson finally learned.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-07-2016, 11:31 PM
(31-07-2016 11:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As usual input is not really wanted or appreciated.

A woman said that to me once....... Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
31-07-2016, 11:37 PM
(31-07-2016 11:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 10:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since the video was by theismdefender (or some such shit as that, I refuse to bump his count up again to verify) I am willing to bet that the video was made by the OP and he was using this forum and AF as a way to drive up his view count.

The post and the link were basically useless here to anyone but the producer of the video.

As usual input is not really wanted or appreciated. Lesson finally learned.

That's not fair at all. Just because input is welcome doesn't mean we will agree with it. Your input is always welcome Anj.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-08-2016, 12:20 AM
(31-07-2016 11:37 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 11:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As usual input is not really wanted or appreciated. Lesson finally learned.

That's not fair at all. Just because input is welcome doesn't mean we will agree with it. Your input is always welcome Anj.

Indeed.

And actually, I might agree with it, hence my follow up question:

"Does it encourage the drive-bys to provide more reasoned arguments?"

This is my view, as stated previously:
"If so, I can see that it would be a useful rule.
If it's just "Hahaha, you guyz suck" but with no substance, I don't see the difference."

I am, as ever, open to all opinions.

01-08-2016, 12:27 AM
The 30/30 rule seems to tamp down on self-promoting preachers. It is not hard-and-fast; if a n00b wants to post links supporting an argument he or she is making, they're free to do so, so long as it does what it purports to do.

What they're not allowed to do is simply post a video, add a couple of lines of insults, and then scurry off. They're also not allowed to make arguments solely via links.

Full disclosure: I'm not a moderator there, but I've seen this explained publicly by the staff to a newcomer. Pretty sure I had a few beers in me at the time, so my recollection may not be perfect.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-08-2016, 12:30 AM
It's not really effective against drive by people IMO. They never come back to realize their post was deleted anyways.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
01-08-2016, 01:20 AM
I think a cringe compilation is a good idea if it's directed in the right way, that is as self-depricating humor. We should laugh at our own every now and then.

[+] 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-08-2016, 01:29 AM
(01-08-2016 01:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I think a cringe compilation is a good idea if it's directed in the right way, that is as self-depricating humor. We should laugh at our own every now and then.

"For in the lack of humor lie all the seeds if evil and destruction. People who see themselves as being worthy of admiration, and who cannot conceive of themselves as ever being a cause for laughter, are far too serious for their own good, and even worse, they generally believe they have a calling to impress the importance of their beliefs on others. God save us all from humorless men, for they are also merciless and implacable."
-Jack Whyte, Pg 466, The Eagle
[+] 6 users Like Gilgamesh's post