Atheist debater on Christian Forum is fantastic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Atheist debater on Christian Forum is fantastic
Debating is just not my forte so I stay clear of things like that. However, I discovered this confrontation/conversation between an atheist and a bunch of christians on the ChristianForum but it was pinned and highlighted on the Ex-Christian Forum.

Actually I posted this on another thread but I think it deserves it's own thread subject. It's very long but just stay with it. Dr Truth is the atheist. He/she is always polite, keeps the topic from drifting off center and in the end sticks it to the christians.

Here it is:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7686721/

Dancer

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-05-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Atheist debater on Christian Forum is fantastic
I totally agree - Dr Truth is the kind of debater that I aspire to be.

The argument isn't original though -- it belongs to the philosopher Epicurus.

Quote:"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2013, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 05:17 PM by Free Thought.)
I like this guy.

Look at all the Christians, dancing around his points with wordplay so fanciful it might make Shakespeare blush.

Frankly, I am surprised he has not been edited or banned yet by them. Everybody else seems to.

[Edit: spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I haven't read it yet, but I love the image that was chosen to show that a member is an theist; a picture of a person with a brain!
23-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes, I know the argument is the Epicurean Paradox and is as old as the hills but Dr Truth keeps the argument from wandering away from him/her and keeps everything under control. He or she is rather polite so the christians have no course but to attempt an answer, although they sure try every way to make it into a different question.

It's fun to see them squirm.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
23-05-2013, 05:58 PM
(23-05-2013 03:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Debating is just not my forte so I stay clear of things like that. However, I discovered this confrontation/conversation between an atheist and a bunch of christians on the ChristianForum but it was pinned and highlighted on the Ex-Christian Forum.

Actually I posted this on another thread but I think it deserves it's own thread subject. It's very long but just stay with it. Dr Truth is the atheist. He/she is always polite, keeps the topic from drifting off center and in the end sticks it to the christians.

Here it is:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7686721/

Dancer

The people there are awful at refutation and debate, they are great at beating around the bush and giving confusing answers however.

I Used to be (technically still am) a member there, but I kind of slunk away after pissing everyone off with a post.