Nice interactive Google map here:

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/sol...pFull.html

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Atheist eclipse party?
(22-04-2016 10:42 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I really wanted to watch from someplace on the Cherohala Skyway, but I'm afraid all the pull offs will be too full to get into. By chance we'll be at the Quality Inn in Andrews, NC this Memorial Day weekend for some riding. According to the map it's about 200 yards from the center of the path and there's some kind of track right across the road that looks like it would be a good place to set up for viewing. We'll check it out when we are there to see if that might be a good place. Andrews is tiny though so I'm not sure if there's even a decent place to eat in town at this point.

A quick search showed that and a Microtel. Worst case we'll look for a camping ground. There probably isn't a great place to eat. There might be a Waffle House. But Jigsaw and our brotha-from-another-motha could bring something. We can all cook. Possibly MREs.

We already have solar viewing lens but by then I might lose them. But they're always available at the science museum in Raleigh.
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Atheist eclipse party?
I'm a serious eclipse junkie. I've been fascinated with them since I was a little kid.
  • July 20, 1963 in Montreal: Rained out, alas.
  • February 26, 1979 in Winnipeg: Utterly awesome. I don't think I've ever seen anything that beautiful, and I still have the piece of #14 welder's glass that I used to view the partial phases. (In fact, it's on My desk right now -- I use it as a work surface when adjusting clarinet and saxophone reeds.)
  • Watched August 11, 1999 via the Internet, at about 5 in the morning, while charging up a set of runes I had carved.
  • I've also watched all the partial eclipses that I was aware of, along with innumerable lunar eclipses. I saw the March 7, 1970 eclipse from Montreal as a partial eclipse.
I definitely want to see the August 2017 eclipse as a total eclipse (it'll only be 80-85% up here) and am already pondering travelling to the States to see it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user