Atheist from Israel.. :P

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Atheist from Israel.. :P
SOO I am shir (16), from Israel, givataim (the nerdy mini city near tel-aviv).
I belived in the jewish god verision until I was 10+-.. then I belived that there is a possibility there is a different god that created the universe and then stoped interfering with it... then at 15 not so long ago I stopped beliving in spirituall cause as a cause that can lead to something (so no longer belive in god either)= Atheist.

Until like a month ago I had noo Idea there is an atheist comunity what so ever Tongue
I should thank to darkmater2525, the bible reloaded, the thinking atheist and mostly to my theist friend that I wanted to make fun of... wich made me go to the
lord all mighty "google"
for getting to this fourm.

I just love being an atheist... my mind is clear of crap and silly paradoxes are out of my head for the last year... well the intresting paradoxes are still in my head (wich is good I guess) Tongue

so sorry for my horrible inglish Wink and If u have any questions... SHOT! I'll be more than happy to answer
anyway feeling like a start of a long way in this community Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like shir123321's post
21-05-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Atheist from Israel.. :P
Welcome!
21-05-2015, 10:53 AM
"athiest" is not something to "love". I get the relief feeling of not having to defend crap, but the truth is even when you come to that realization, "off" or "empty" meaning holding no god belief are still not moral codes or loyalty oaths.

I have run into plenty of atheists over the years I do not agree with and would not want in a majority power. I am no fan of Ayn Rand "fuck you I got mine" atheists. I am also no fan of Che atheists. Che led to Cuba. I am also no fan of Si fi wooers who treat the universe as a thinking entity, and I have met other atheists who buy JFK and 9/11 conspiracy bullshit.

Yes, it is liberating to know you don't have to defend books of myth or Santa for adults, but that does not make "atheist" a club or gang.

I don't give Jews a pass, I don't give Muslims a pass, I don't give Christians a pass, or Hindus or Buddhists. I am not talking about the right to believe or human rights. I am talking about the blind value of ideas. Once you know that our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is evolutionary, and not label based, you cannot simply ever assume any label by proxy of holding it, will magically make the individual do good or bad.

Religion as a human invented concept, while you cannot rid the word of it by force, is still a bad concept to me. It is like insisting on kaleidoscope thinking in an age of telescopes. Our species lives fine without belief in Thor or Apollo, and I think we should not be afraid of ditching claims of old books, and prayer to invisible beings. It made sense when our species didn't know better, but we know better now.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Shalom aleichem

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-05-2015, 11:05 AM
(21-05-2015 10:08 AM)shir123321 Wrote:  SOO I am shir (16), from Israel, givataim (the nerdy mini city near tel-aviv).
I belived in the jewish god verision until I was 10+-.. then I belived that there is a possibility there is a different god that created the universe and then stoped interfering with it... then at 15 not so long ago I stopped beliving in spirituall cause as a cause that can lead to something (so no longer belive in god either)= Atheist.

Until like a month ago I had noo Idea there is an atheist comunity what so ever Tongue
I should thank to darkmater2525, the bible reloaded, the thinking atheist and mostly to my theist friend that I wanted to make fun of... wich made me go to the
lord all mighty "google"
for getting to this fourm.

I just love being an atheist... my mind is clear of crap and silly paradoxes are out of my head for the last year... well the intresting paradoxes are still in my head (wich is good I guess) Tongue

so sorry for my horrible inglish Wink and If u have any questions... SHOT! I'll be more than happy to answer
anyway feeling like a start of a long way in this community Smile

Welcome Shir. Not sure what a "nerdy city" is, (well mabye I too live in one Weeping ) ... must be a huge relief to understand the world is not confined to belief in nonsense. Hope you stick around.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Welcome to TTA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
21-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Hello! Big Grin
21-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Brian37, maybe I used the word love incorrectly, I ment I like being atheist (non-beliver) and I think it is posible to like this sort of thinking even if it only means beliving in no belive caouse it kinda mean beliving in my own mind (talking personaly about how I see it), and.. I like being free from religion wich is being an athiest so... Big Grin
can't end a single sentence without smilies Tongue.

Bucky Ball, tel-aviv is considerd a wild city while givataim has 80% population above the age 60 Tongue so not even one clab in this city with 60,000 people... nerdy

thx for everyone's welcoms
[+] 1 user Likes shir123321's post
21-05-2015, 11:47 AM
(21-05-2015 11:32 AM)shir123321 Wrote:  Brian37, maybe I used the word love incorrectly, I ment I like being atheist (non-beliver) and I think it is posible to like this sort of thinking even if it only means beliving in no belive caouse it kinda mean beliving in my own mind (talking personaly about how I see it), and.. I like being free from religion wich is being an athiest so... Big Grin
can't end a single sentence without smilies Tongue.

Bucky Ball, tel-aviv is considerd a wild city while givataim has 80% population above the age 60 Tongue so not even one clab in this city with 60,000 people... nerdy

thx for everyone's welcoms

I can accept that. But Jews and Israel are a buggaboo to me. Not as a label issue, but the fact like fare to many humans they also get stuck on labels. Labels aside, my fellow humans have way too much of a tendency to point fingers rather than understand we are not a separate species. I won't give Jews or Israel a pass either. I don't give atheists a pass even outside this issue.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
21-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí