Atheist funeral info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Atheist funeral info
Did you know that a funeral service doesn't have to be held in the funeral home's chapel if the local hall is cheaper? There are no set rules. It also doesn't have to be held in a church nor does the service have to be lead by a member of the cloth. You can ask someone to be the Celebrant, an unofficial title denoting someone who is willing to conduct the service.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post
29-08-2015, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 01:42 PM by dancefortwo.)
RE: Atheist funeral info
(29-08-2015 01:00 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Did you know that a funeral service doesn't have to be held in the funeral home's chapel if the local hall is cheaper? There are no set rules. It also doesn't have to be held in a church nor does the service have to be lead by a member of the cloth. You can ask someone to be the Celebrant, an unofficial title denoting someone who is willing to conduct the service.

Hells bells, when my dad died we had him cremated, picked up his ashes from the crematorium and placed them in a tupperware dish, then we all went over to my brothers house, sat on the back porch drinking wine and beer and telling fun and fabulous stories about my dad's life. It went into the wee hours of the night, after which we all drove down the to the Columbia River and scattered his ashes into the water.

It was outstanding.

The cost was around $500 American dollars. The tupperware dish was from a garage sale, it was around $1.75.

Funeral service?? What the hell is that?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-08-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 01:49 PM by evenheathen.)
Double post

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-08-2015, 01:48 PM
I didn't know that a funeral was legally required at all. I'm hoping my peeps just throw a good house party in my memory and leave it at that.

Edit :dance beat me to it. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Funerals are not required, though many places have laws regarding how dead bodies may be disposed of. I don't give a rat's ass what happens to my body after I'm dead. Let them harvest any organs that may be reusable and dispose of the rest as cheaply as is permitted by law. One member of my family wanted us to have party when she died. Another didn't even want that, and he was unceremoniously cremated. We had an informal gathering to "remember" my mom after she died.

Funerals are nothing but a way for vultures to fleece the people who loved someone who's died.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post
29-08-2015, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 03:04 PM by Anjele.)
A funeral is a voluntary ceremony. Not required.

Dad was cremated. We had a gathering at the VFW he belonged to. Didn't even have the ashes there. Just some photos and we sat around and talked and many had a drink or twelve in his honor. That was in NC.

Then a few months later we had another memorial service at the country club in his home town in Iowa. The speakers were his lady friend, her daughter, my brother, and me. We had photos again. I made a copy of CDs of his favorite music. We sat around and talked and shared stories and again some glasses were tipped.

No ceremony...just a remembrance. Both were quite nice and inexpensive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-08-2015, 02:41 PM
(29-08-2015 02:11 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Funerals are not required, though many places have laws regarding how dead bodies may be disposed of. I don't give a rat's ass what happens to my body after I'm dead. Let them harvest any organs that may be reusable and dispose of the rest as cheaply as is permitted by law. One member of my family wanted us to have party when she died. Another didn't even want that, and he was unceremoniously cremated. We had an informal gathering to "remember" my mom after she died.

Funerals are nothing but a way for vultures to fleece the people who loved someone who's died.

Quote:Funerals are nothing but a way for vultures to fleece the people who loved someone who's died.

Boy, you got that right. It's criminal.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-08-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm gonna make my kids smoke my ashes mixed in with some hash oil or wax or no inheritance for you fatboy.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Wonder if I can donate my body to a haunted house Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
29-08-2015, 04:05 PM
I've given instructions to my family - to not even claim my body....

As far as I'm concerned, they could toss me in the dumpster, and I'd be fine with that.

I'd be pissed, if they wasted money on getting rid of a corpse.

Spending more money on a dead guy than starving live children is wasteful, reprehensible and typical of the fucked up values of those people raised into religion.
'

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post