Atheist funeral info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 04:35 PM by Fireball.)
RE: Atheist funeral info
Here is what I'm going to do. Some scientist(s) or other(s) will get some use out of my sorry old carcass, no cost to family.

http://medcure.org/

MedCure arranges services at NO COST including: transportation, cremation, and return of cremated remains to family in approximately 6 to 12 weeks or a scattering at sea.

I also have some funerary dicta that will be read at whatever ceremony my survivors concoct. That's still in editing, though
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-08-2015, 04:36 PM
(29-08-2015 04:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 04:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've given instructions to my family - to not even claim my body....

As far as I'm concerned, they could toss me in the dumpster, and I'd be fine with that.

I'd be pissed, if they wasted money on getting rid of a corpse.

Spending more money on a dead guy than starving live children is wasteful, reprehensible and typical of the fucked up values of those people raised into religion.
'

Here is what I'm going to do. Some scientist(s) or other(s) will get some use out of my sorry old carcass, no cost to family.

http://medcure.org/

MedCure arranges services at NO COST including: transportation, cremation, and return of cremated remains to family in approximately 6 to 12 weeks or a scattering at sea.

I also have some funerary dicta that will be read at whatever ceremony my survivors concoct. That's still in editing, though

Thanks... That's a great idea.....

If somebody can learn something from my mistakes --- that's a good thing...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-08-2015, 04:55 PM
What about this idea. They put your carcass in the fetal position, shove it in what looks like a burlap sack and bury it with tree seeds. You turn into a tree.Thumbsup

[Image: featured.jpg]

https://www.distractify.com/human-now-tr...89550.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-08-2015, 05:13 PM
(29-08-2015 04:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've given instructions to my family - to not even claim my body....

As far as I'm concerned, they could toss me in the dumpster, and I'd be fine with that.

I'd be pissed, if they wasted money on getting rid of a corpse.

Spending more money on a dead guy than starving live children is wasteful, reprehensible and typical of the fucked up values of those people raised into religion.
'

Well to be fair, if your loved ones want to send your corpse off right, if it means something to them, then by all means. After all, like you said what will you care?

I agree it would be a waste with my own body, but I admit that should a close loved one of mine die tomorrow, I'm not dumping their body in a dumpster and forgetting about them.

It's not about the body, it's about the remembrance.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
29-08-2015, 05:26 PM
(29-08-2015 04:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What about this idea. They put your carcass in the fetal position, shove it in what looks like a burlap sack and bury it with tree seeds. You turn into a tree.Thumbsup

[Image: featured.jpg]

https://www.distractify.com/human-now-tr...89550.html

Nice, but who would want a bitter, crusty old apple off my tree? Tongue
29-08-2015, 06:38 PM
(29-08-2015 04:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What about this idea. They put your carcass in the fetal position, shove it in what looks like a burlap sack and bury it with tree seeds. You turn into a tree.

Some states have laws against burial without embalming. Supposedly it's about public health, though of course it's more about the funeral lobby paying off legislators. That's why so many people use cremation. It may be the cheapest legal way to dispose of a body. I don't know what happens if the relatives refuse to claim the body, but I imagine the court would take the cost of disposal from the deceased's estate.

What really baffles me is why a culture whose dominant religion says the body is just a prison for the soul would be so hung up on funerals.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
29-08-2015, 07:31 PM
(29-08-2015 06:38 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Some states have laws against burial without embalming.

That can't be right. Jews don't embalm.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Both my parents were cremated. We saved Pop until Mom passed, then mixed the ashes together and sprinkled them in 4 favorite places.

We had already scheduled an informal get-together for Mom when she passed that morning. All that food - we sat around and chatted, nothing scripted. But boy, did I get an earful from a friend who complained that we had nothing for Pop and we deprived *her* of closure. <rolleyes>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-08-2015, 10:44 AM
(29-08-2015 07:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 06:38 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Some states have laws against burial without embalming.

That can't be right. Jews don't embalm.

They seemed to have very expensive funerals. My Jewish friend's family spent $30,000 dollars on her father's funeral. I couldn't believe it. Shocking In turn she was stunned that we put my dad's ashes in a $1.75 piece of tupperware.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Bodies do have to be buried in a cemetery.