Atheist funeral info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Atheist funeral info
(01-09-2015 04:26 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Bodies do have to be buried in a cemetery.

I think you can be buried on private property in the US but it sounds like a royal pain the ass.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 07:20 AM
(01-09-2015 04:26 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Bodies do have to be buried in a cemetery.

They have to find them first. Evil_monster

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I have made arrangements to donate my body to a local university for science. No charges for the donation and cremation when their done. Your family can decide wether they want to have the ashes back. Although she is an atheist as well, my wife insists on having the ashes back..hope she has a party with my kids, family, and friends!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
04-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Best funeral I went to was at a fancy hotel. Open bar, champagne, finger foods and a band.

The woman who passed away was quite young (stomach cancer) and had the makings for a terriblly tragic event.

It was also totally what she wanted.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(04-09-2015 09:30 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  I have made arrangements to donate my body to a local university for science. No charges for the donation and cremation when their done. Your family can decide wether they want to have the ashes back. Although she is an atheist as well, my wife insists on having the ashes back..hope she has a party with my kids, family, and friends!

my uncle did this, there was a charge, I forget what for exactly, but IIRC it was around $600, for paperwork? Maybe? I just remember that it wasnt free like we had all expected.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
06-09-2015, 10:36 AM
there are green burials, some of the caskets are beautiful, from woven wickers, to painted cardboards and wood.

a friend passed a few years ago, we had a camping party at a remote place that we all used to hang out, we sent his ashes up by the scoop full on chinese lanterns, spread them on all the trails, thru the woods, etc.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
08-09-2015, 02:36 PM
(29-08-2015 07:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 06:38 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Some states have laws against burial without embalming.

That can't be right. Jews don't embalm.

True, but they have to be buried within three days by their tradition, IIRC.

On another note, why embalm a person who is going to be cremated? Makes no sense whatever.

I'm making arrangements ahead of time, as I said before, because I don't want my grieving family to spend many thousands of dollars on a fancy funeral. We rented a casket for the viewing for my mother. Flowers, etc., lots of other outlay, IIRC about $9k. I want to forestall all of that, or as much as possible.
10-09-2015, 12:17 AM
(29-08-2015 04:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What about this idea. They put your carcass in the fetal position, shove it in what looks like a burlap sack and bury it with tree seeds. You turn into a tree.Thumbsup

[Image: featured.jpg]

https://www.distractify.com/human-now-tr...89550.html

THIS is how I want to go! There is also the option to be cremated and planted in a "tree urn" instead of a sack.
10-09-2015, 12:37 AM

... otherwise it ain't a cemetery...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.