Atheist, gay, or muslim??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Atheist, gay, or muslim??
What will we see as president first? Must be out the closet. obama doesnt count as muslim. rank the 3.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: Atheist, gay, or muslim??
(11-03-2012 09:52 PM)satan69 Wrote:  What will we see as president first? Must be out the closet. obama doesnt count as muslim. rank the 3.

Good luck getting any of them in America.

In England where I could actually imagine them happening (I'm talking Prime Minister as we don't have a President) I think it would be; atheist/gay, either of them could come first, people really aren't bothered about either, then Muslim after that. Most people aren't bothered by someone being a Muslim over here as opposed to no-one being bothered by someone being gay or an atheist.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-03-2012, 11:08 PM
many people have speculated that the usa has already had atheist presidents. obama is likely a closet atheist himself. i know little about history but i have seen many things pointing to possible atheism in even some of the people who signed the declaration of independence.
but what about an open atheist? give it 20 years. probably about the same for a homosexual. 40 tops
i doubt we'll ever see a muslim president. religion will likely be laughed at by the general population before a muslim ever has a chance

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
[+] 1 user Likes dredmal's post
12-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I think gay. Obama is black, 20 years ago that was unthinkable too.

I think there were atheist presidents in the past, but back then they weren't plucked apart by the media like happens now, and also, this country has made a disappointing turn towards religion. Candidates are running on religious platforms now, so research must indicate that there are a lot more votes to be gotten that way.

I think tolerance of gays has slowly improved, and there is a better chance of having a gay president at this time. Not all religious people are intolerant of gays.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-03-2012, 07:33 AM
probably Atheist...

probably not the type of anti-religion atheist, more likely the atheist that doesnt comment much on religion I imagine.

in other news..why can I not make new post?!
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I'd say gay here. Percentage wise more Americans are okay with gays then either Muslims or atheists. And even Muslims are way more accepted than atheists.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I think gay

because atheists have no morals if they don't talk to god and Muslims aren't Christians so they must be douchebags.

So that's left us with gay although they aren't allowed to be happy by having sex or anything because that's evil. It says so in the bible. It's fact.

Don't you just love mixing religion with politics? it makes everyone feel all fuzzy inside Smile

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
We've already had atheist presidents...
Several, like Jefferson and Adams.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I am pretty sure the USA has already at least something very close to those first two categories... Just not fully open and out as you speculated. The muslim one hasn't come close except to the minds of Foxnews watchers and 50 % of Republican voters in Alabama/Mississippi (Saw polls on today that they seriously think Obama is Muslim or are not sure of his religion.)

The way things have been moving along in this country, a homosexual president would seem more likely to come first.

Adams was a legit christian believer, but he was just smart to understand the need of separation. Madison was undoubtedly as close to an atheist as Jefferson and most anyone at that time was going. Lincoln was at the least likely a deist.
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I think you have left out one Group of people, who deserve it to be the next elected president. The woman!

In germany we have Angela Merkel for chancellor,obvious a open woman, regardless that she may not look like one.
And our minister of the foreign department is an open gay named Guido Westerwelle. And he looks pretty much like a woman.

I am claiming germany to be two point's beyond the USA

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 2 users Like Marco Krieger's post