Atheist, gay, or muslim??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Atheist, gay, or muslim??
I'd have to agree with the majority on this one. A gay or atheist president will be elected eons before a muslim will, 9-11 set that in stone. My main reasoning otherwise stems from the surprising lack of attacks on Mitt Romney for being a mormon. I figured that was going to be a huge obstacle for his campaign, but it looks as though I am mistaken, unless I just missed all of that particular criticism. As for being gay- You can hide that, though I'm sure there would be a great deal of speculation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 07:50 PM
In this order:
1. Openly black
2. Openly female
3. Openly atheist
4. Openly gay
5. Openly Hispanic
6. Openly Muslim
I don't know where to place mormon or scientologist.

Which minorities have I missed?

For reference, Australia has an openly atheist female prime minister at the moment.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
27-09-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 12:55 AM by depat.)
I say gay, as acceptance for homosexuality is growing in the US. The statstiical trend shows a growing acceptance with each succesive generation since the early seventies, showing an accelerated rate with teens and young adults today. But then maybe not . . . . I believe there has always been a couple in the White House, If they have kids, who knows? Then atheist, and Muslim last.
28-09-2012, 01:38 AM
(27-09-2012 07:50 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  In this order:
1. Openly black
2. Openly female
3. Openly atheist
4. Openly gay
5. Openly Hispanic
6. Openly Muslim
I don't know where to place mormon or scientologist.

Which minorities have I missed?

For reference, Australia has an openly atheist female prime minister at the moment.

You missed the minority of Ex-Austrian, Ex-Bodybuilder, Ex-Actors, Ex-governors, Ex-and forever Homophobic Arnold Schwarzengegger's.
Äh... and an open rapist was not on the list.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
28-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Here in Belgium we have a gay pm, no one cares if he's gay or not here infact I was quite suprised that it was international news that our pm is gay.

chan chan ki sikin aman
[+] 1 user Likes Crusher's post
28-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I do believe that Newt Gingrich fears we will have each of these at the same time as a president.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
28-09-2012, 07:04 PM
(11-03-2012 09:52 PM)satan69 Wrote:  What will we see as president first? Must be out the closet. obama doesnt count as muslim. rank the 3.

It'd never be the anti-religious type of atheist, at least not for quite some time. There was both a gay senator and a senator who didn't go to church that people considered as plausible candidates before things got heated up, and he really just didn't go to church, was probably apathetic to the whole thing. I think the gay senator, republican, was more influential than the non-church going republican senator, but the gay senator doesn't talk about his religion much either. The two of them were virtually insignificant as they both got upstaged by Rick Perry, who's "Stong" ad on TV bashed both gays and atheists - of course his polls plummeted and all the ones who said God told them to run for president dropped out - Bachmann, Perry, Cain.
Where I live - in Massachusetts - I think we're not that far from an atheist, gay, or Muslim governor. Our current governor made a joke about the sky not falling down after gay marriage. And Baystaters shun religious extremists.
As a gay man I'm kind of worried over the anti-gay movement. Despite leaders of the ex-gay movement who have admitted to never having been ungayed, they are gaining ground and the media is sympathizing with them. We have just seen a man, Dan Cathy, donate millions of dollars to anti-gay groups who's rhetoric fallaciously groups gays with pedophiles be called a hero. I'll probably have to immigrate to Australia.
I would say at the moment, gay, Muslim, atheist, but given time Americans will be more and more consumed in anti-gay sophistry so in the upcoming decades Muslim, atheist, with gay being illegal.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes Chase's post
30-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Atheist, then gay and I hope we will never have a Muslim PM (since the president isn't elected by the public and it is only a ceremonial job)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Gay, in the form of Romney. (Just kidding, Romney supporters) But because Barney Frank got elected to serve as a US representative, it's easy to enough to imagine other gay politicians getting elected, even for president.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
30-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Gay?
Muslim?
Atheist?
Woman?

You're missing the biggest one of all...

What are the chances of having a president from a THIRD PARTY??

Tongue

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]