Atheist group targets presidential candidates' faith with billboards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Atheist group targets presidential candidates' faith with billboards
Saw this story on my local news this morning:

"A billboard criticizing Christianity is going up in Charlotte, North Carolina, host city of the upcoming Democratic National Convention."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-atheist-...9494.story

[Image: 600]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
17-08-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: Atheist group targets presidential candidates' faith with billboards
I always wondered what would happen if a few of the states came out to be almost 100 percent atheist. When politicians spoke in those areas start claiming that they never believed? I think probably so, since it comes down to who lies the best that wins.
17-08-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't think America is ready for a openly, non-believing candidate yet, at least for higher office, though many are going to have to run and fail before one is successful.
17-08-2012, 07:39 PM
(17-08-2012 12:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I always wondered what would happen if a few of the states came out to be almost 100 percent atheist. When politicians spoke in those areas start claiming that they never believed? I think probably so, since it comes down to who lies the best that wins.
Look for the northwest or northeast to have a state make that move eventually.. I'm thinking Oregon; I know for several years they've been the top non-affiliated listed state... although, I think they may have a great deal of "spiritual" belief and other types of woo.

Neat billboards. I wonder if those would actually wake some skeptics.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-08-2012, 06:44 PM
(17-08-2012 07:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Look for the northwest or northeast to have a state make that move eventually.. I'm thinking Oregon; I know for several years they've been the top non-affiliated listed state... although, I think they may have a great deal of "spiritual" belief and other types of woo.

Neat billboards. I wonder if those would actually wake some skeptics.

A lot of states have fair sized pockets of unbelief, but I think they tend to have so much distance between them they regard themselves as somewhat isolated. I think this may be why it's difficult for the notion of life without faith to spread rapidly.

The billboards are great! I've seen one in Wichita KS and I was happily surprised. However, I did note that it was not on the main thoroughfare through town, rather the bypass. Hmm... better there than not. Thumbsup

The one I saw was similar to this but it said something like WichitaCoRe.org
[Image: billboard_sacramentocor_2450x273.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I'd rather promote a billboard that deforms the lie that our founding fathers were all christian frankly.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]