Atheist group 'unblesses' highway with 'unholy' water. Church responds.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Atheist group 'unblesses' highway with 'unholy' water. Church responds.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/19/flo...desperate/

Why do militant atheists insist on making all atheists look bad? This is just stupid and childish.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
19-03-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: Atheist group 'unblesses' highway with 'unholy' water. Church responds.
Yeah that's pretty dumb. Though so is blessing a highway.

Regardless of how pointless and stupid this whole shebang is I love how the pastor interviewed didn't get it. They never get it.

"I find it absolutely ludicrous that the atheists who say they don't believe in God have to erase something that they don't believe in," Copple told FoxNews.com.

Or were they trying, although poorly, to illustrate how dumb blessing something is? Derp. Anyways, yeah bunch of idiots.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
19-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Actually, I like it. It's an expression of freedom of speech.
Offensive to anyone, no.
Symbollic of how silly blessings are, yes.

Why do people call it silly when an atheist performs an unblessing but not silly when a religious group performs a blessing?

Why do atheists have to believe in something in order to perform it? Can't it simply be a symbolic gesture? Religion is full of symbolism isn't it?

The unblessing doesn't go towards developing a positive view of atheism, it does make out atheism to be a sort of anti-theism. So its not great PR, misguided. But no harm in these two people having a bit of fun.
19-03-2012, 03:40 PM
It's asinine and petty... that's why.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-03-2012, 03:43 PM
(19-03-2012 03:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Actually, I like it. It's an expression of freedom of speech.
Offensive to anyone, no.
Symbollic of how silly blessings are, yes.

Why do people call it silly when an atheist performs an unblessing but not silly when a religious group performs a blessing?

Why do atheists have to believe in something in order to perform it? Can't it simply be a symbolic gesture? Religion is full of symbolism isn't it?

The unblessing doesn't go towards developing a positive view of atheism, it does make out atheism to be a sort of anti-theism. So its not great PR, misguided. But no harm in these two people having a bit of fun.

Because the blessing was done with good intentions. It was a heartfelt attempt at saving lives. The 'unblessing' was done to garner attention whether negative or positive.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
19-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Great, now they're going to have to go and re-bless it all over again!
19-03-2012, 03:46 PM
[xquote='kingschosen' pid='93426' dateline='1332193237']
[/xquote]

Why take life so seriously, why do we need to judge people for having a little harmless fun?
19-03-2012, 03:50 PM
(19-03-2012 03:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  [xquote='kingschosen' pid='93426' dateline='1332193237']
[/xquote]

Why take life so seriously, why do we need to judge people for having a little harmless fun?

I wouldn't call it judging. But when an organization misrepresents a group of people it's cause for concern.

-Mark Twain
19-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm a militaint atheist, but I'm more towards calling out stupid things when I see 'em. *Pulls up atheist-huntin' shades*

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
19-03-2012, 04:05 PM
(19-03-2012 03:54 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm a militaint atheist, but I'm more towards calling out stupid things when I see 'em. *Pulls up atheist-huntin' shades*

hiding behind corners, waiting to jump out and ENLIGHTEN people Big Grin