Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions
(16-02-2015 11:22 PM)Anti Wrote:  Except a 'country' it is not land. we made that clear. some guys made a declaration on july 4, 1776. rand mcnally says a 'country' is political and not physical. By attributing physical characteristics to somebody's mental abstraction is called 'reification.' It is religion. It's called 'statism' btw.

At least religious people understand their reification because they admit faith and belief. They are conscious of what they are doing while many of you guys are doing the same thing and yet totally obvious because you believe political abstractions have physical characteristics.

What does Rand-McNally say about continents?
Also, when did R-M become a leading authority on word definitions?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-02-2015, 11:34 PM
continents are just areas of land. nothing political about them. white men did not decree any continents. good try though.
16-02-2015, 11:51 PM
(16-02-2015 11:34 PM)Anti Wrote:  continents are just areas of land. nothing political about them. white men did not decree any continents. good try though.

It was a good try. Thanks!
Who named the continents?
Who decided where one begins and the other ends?
According to you they are "just areas of land" and "nothing political about them".
Why bother naming and separating them?
17-02-2015, 12:16 AM
(16-02-2015 11:22 PM)Anti Wrote:  Except a 'country' it is not land. we made that clear. some guys made a declaration on july 4, 1776. rand mcnally says a 'country' is political and not physical. By attributing physical characteristics to somebody's mental abstraction is called 'reification.' It is religion. It's called 'statism' btw.

At least religious people understand their reification because they admit faith and belief. They are conscious of what they are doing while many of you guys are doing the same thing and yet totally obvious because you believe political abstractions have physical characteristics.

if it doesn't have anything in physical reality that which we can measure then its is nothing more than an idea and has no relevance at all

a commercial business is a concept so how do we prove it exists ?

taco bell is a commercial entity......... all that means in business jargon is that the business is given its own separate legal identity in other words its considered an artificial person, now that doesn't mean it is an actual artificial person, it just means that a business like a person has its own identity and rights like a real person
a business is a group of people acting under the same name (entity) performing a specific set of tasks to achieve monetary gains for the sake of it or to achieve other goals
we can only verify taco bells existence by things which we can objectively measure

A)taco bell serves fast food, can we verify it ?
yes, find a place named taco bell and see if they offer food and drinks for you to buy
B)taco bell is a business which aim to generate revenue and ultimately profit, can we verify it ?
yes, look at their financial statements and records for sales, revenue, net profits, tax filings etc
C)taco bell has employees, can we verify this ?
yes, all business keep a record of their current and past employees adn the amount of money they are paid, the IRS is supposed to know all of these things so they can also provide the same data

I can go on but I can only verify taco bells existence by things which can be objectively measured,

so how can you objectively measure and prove god has any precedence in reality?
does he have anything that can be measured ? you have yet to answer this

its simple, list out things that are attributed to a god or things which a god can do and see if there is anything that we can measure or verify

for example:
1) god can do 1million push ups in 5 mins, how can we verify this ?
by making him do 1 million push ups in 5 mins

your gonna need to find something actually prove that god exists otherwise your word are empty, if god exists then what effects is that going to have on anything ? if there isn't anything then god is indistinguishable from anything that doesn't exist and thus can't be objectively measured and verified to either exist or not exist

her's a video on the null hypothesis, its simple yet crucial concept that we practice in our daily lives

[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
17-02-2015, 12:22 AM
(16-02-2015 11:34 PM)Anti Wrote:  continents are just areas of land. nothing political about them. white men did not decree any continents. good try though.

oh yes they did, seriously at least do a Google search before responding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
17-02-2015, 12:38 AM
(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)Anti Wrote:  1. A 'god' and a 'country' are both factually the exact same thing. Both are just abstract concepts. One is a political abstraction, the other is a religious abstraction. They are both factually the same yet every atheist I talk to seems to think 'countries' are something more than just a mere abstraction. If reifying a 'god' is religion then isn't the reification of a 'country' also religion? Why the hypocrisy? 

2. Why are atheists obsessed with what other people think? I could care less about anybody's religious beliefs. Should I be obsessing like you guys? Even the term 'atheist' is based on resenting somebody else's thoughts... Labels are silly to begin with yet labeling yourself based other people's thoughts is a bit obsessive, don't you think?

1. A country is nothing more than a group of people governed by a smaller group of people. What that smaller group of people's form it takes on depends on the larger group itself. It is the only way that a society can actually exist outside of a patriarch based small tribe that is lead by a single blood line or ruler for life.

GODS do not exist. If they do in any way shape or form, they have nothing to do with our lives, we cannot test them, observe them, or whatever. Your comparison is extremely difficult for me to get my head around. I think you may have lost your train of thought on them. Government is not an abstract. It is an objective form of community that is subjective to the ever changing and evolving ethics of the creatures that give it form.

2. We are no less obsessed with what others think than anyone else. The difference is, OTHER people use what they think themselves and try to FORCE that same set of principals on the rest of the world through violence, threats, abuse, racism, hatred, and infiltrating our law systems to force everyone to adhere to their set of morality.

We simply have just finally found the strength and intellect after THOUSANDS of years of being burnt to death, sawn in half, forced into brazen bulls, beheaded, and forced out of society to finally fight back in this wonderful day in age when almost no one in the entire world can no longer get away with doing those horrible violent things to us or anyone else.

Only in the most barbaric countries are ideas silenced with death or imprisonment.

That answer your question sweet heart?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
17-02-2015, 12:39 AM
(16-02-2015 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Does the nurse know where you are so she can give you your pills ?

Sorry you guys! I was sleeping on the job!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
17-02-2015, 01:08 AM
(17-02-2015 12:39 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Does the nurse know where you are so she can give you your pills ?

You got the biiiiiiig needle? This guy needs a lot of meds.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-02-2015, 01:08 AM
(17-02-2015 12:39 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

well hurry up with his medications and education Drinking Beverage
17-02-2015, 02:00 AM
[Image: DSC01310-e1367521703464.jpg]

(17-02-2015 01:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  You got the biiiiiiig needle? This guy needs a lot of meds.

I would never inject this with the 18g I drew it up with and dulled on the bottom of the vial...

(17-02-2015 01:08 AM)Ace Wrote:  well hurry up with his medications and education Drinking Beverage

Anti MRN#000666
Education: Attempted
Method of learning: Written
Reception: Poor
Potential contributing factors: poor concentration, cognitive dissonance, medication risk (see MAR)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post