Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions
(16-02-2015 10:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A country is as real as a house. It is a human construct with borders, border guards and fences around it, with people contained inside it.

'borders' are make believe political abstractions also.

'border guards' are just men with guns

Just because men with guns are being paid to pretend imaginary lines are real does not make them real. It just means those people are delusional.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 10:30 AM
(16-02-2015 10:22 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 10:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A country is as real as a house. It is a human construct with borders, border guards and fences around it, with people contained inside it.

'borders' are make believe political abstractions also.

Just because men with guns are being paid to pretend imaginary lines are real does not make them real. It just means those people are delusional.

So, if ISIL would stick to killing imaginary people ... Consider or a fundamentalist Christian could just stick to murdering imaginary doctors who perform abortions, the world might be pretty hunky dory.

AmIright?
Do I win the interwebz? Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-02-2015, 10:36 AM
(16-02-2015 10:30 AM)kim Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 10:22 AM)Anti Wrote:  'borders' are make believe political abstractions also.

So, if ISIL would stick to killing imaginary people ... Consider or a fundamentalist Christian could just stick to murdering imaginary doctors who perform abortions, the world might be pretty hunky dory.

AmIright?
Do I win the interwebz? Smile

[Image: 3700-Gore-internet-president-winner.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-02-2015, 10:37 AM
(16-02-2015 10:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've done a lot of things in my panties, but planting potatoes ain't one of them.

Shocking Laugh out load

An American hillbilly travels overseas for the first time and goes to Marsailles in southern France.

The French women are beautiful and scantilly clad but after a week he just hasn’t been able to attract any of them.

He does notice a Frenchman who routinely takes some of these women back to his hotel room.

In desperation the hillbilly finally screws up the courage to ask the Frenchman how does he do it, what is his secret?

“Ah, monsieur” the Frenchman says, “ze trick is a potato. You place a potato in ze bathing suit and ze women cannot resist!”

The hillbilly thanks the guy and then goes out and buys a skimpy Speedo, a potato from the local market, and drops it in his bathing suit. That afternoon he casually walks the beach looking to strike up a conversation with the French beauties.

To his dismay not only is this not working but it is having quite the opposite effect.

Frustrated more than ever he spies his French friend and stops him. “I thought you said if I put a potato in my Speedo the women would not be able to resist” the hillbilly says.

The Frenchman looks at him for a second and says, “Monsieur, ze potato it goes in ze front.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
16-02-2015, 10:44 AM
(16-02-2015 10:04 AM)Anti Wrote:  Rob says "A country exists in so much as we say it does. It's a collection of beliefs...."

You couldve just stopped there. Thats all it is. How is that different from religion?

If you would have read my whole post instead of stopping there, you would have seen that I addressed that. Also, your initial post said:

(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)Anti Wrote:  1. A 'god' and a 'country' are both factually the exact same thing.
(emphasis mine)

You said "god", not "religion". All you did was read 15% of my post, shift the goal posts, and then act like I didn't address your OP.

Don't do that. It's fucking annoying.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
16-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I did read it all. It was pointless. It doesn't matter what the different beliefs are. It is all just a collection of beliefs like you said.

a 'god' and a 'country' are both exactly the same thing. they are both factually just some people's abstractions.
16-02-2015, 10:54 AM
(16-02-2015 10:52 AM)Anti Wrote:  a 'god' and a 'country' are both exactly the same thing. they are both factually just some people's abstractions.

Ridiculous. A penguin and a newspaper are both the same thing, seeing as they are nouns. Hobo

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-02-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 03:05 AM by DLJ.)
(16-02-2015 10:52 AM)Anti Wrote:  I did read it all. It was pointless. It doesn't matter what the different beliefs are. It is all just a collection of beliefs like you said.

a 'god' and a 'country' are both exactly the same thing. they are both factually just some people's abstractions.

No. When you said "religion and country", you had a point, but you're saying "god" now.

Religions and countries are both demonstrable abstractions that people agree to or don't agree to adhere to. No one has ever demonstrated that a god exists, let alone that it has any effect on the world. They are not at all the same thing.

You're going to have to clarify your stance, as you keep flip flopping. Is it god and country that are the same, or religion and country? Gods and religions aren't the same thing.
16-02-2015, 10:57 AM
(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)Anti Wrote:  I could care less about anybody's religious beliefs.

The saying is "I couldn't care less," as in, I couldn't care less about you or your pseudo intellectual word salad, you ignorant ass. Go back to licking your velvet painting of jebus.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
16-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Hey Rob, enough with the word games. just tell me factually what exactly is a 'country' if you think its something other than just someone's opinion.