Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions
(16-02-2015 11:07 AM)Anti Wrote:  Hey Rob, if there is some 'law' against buying alcohol that you don't like then that is a political issue. 'laws' are political abstractions.

Read what I said again in response to what you said. That's how conversations work. When you start taking the things I say out of context, we stop having a conversation, and you start talking to yourself.

(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)You Wrote:  I could care less about anybody's religious beliefs. Should I be obsessing like you guys?

(16-02-2015 09:46 AM)I Wrote:  I don't care about other's beliefs, so long as they don't try to affect my life with them. If someone doesn't want to drink or buy alcohol on Sundays, whatever; however, I am going to take exception if they tell me I can't buy alcohol on Sunday. Do you see the difference?

You were asking why I should care about what others think. I told you I don't until they start telling me to think they way they do.

This is the second time I've had to tell you to stop shifting the goal posts. This isn't a good sign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
16-02-2015, 11:16 AM
(16-02-2015 11:10 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 11:02 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  This is the Netherlands/Belgium border. Are you saying that the laws are going to be the same (or none) at either side of the line?
No one was talking about 'laws.' Which by the way are also factually only just some people's opinions.

Laws are part of a country, which you're saying is only abstract. It's not, and the fact that the border exists, is evidence that supports that.

You can call laws opinions, but they are not the same thing.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
16-02-2015, 11:18 AM
(16-02-2015 11:05 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 11:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Religions just like countries exist...
They exist only as somebody's subjective beliefs.

Try to pay attention.

First you said "god" and then you changed it to "religion." I was simply pointing out your idiocy...
And why would anyone actually pay attention to you anyway. It's not like you have anything intelligent or remotely intresting to say..
16-02-2015, 11:22 AM
(16-02-2015 11:07 AM)Anti Wrote:  Hey Rob, if there is some 'law' against buying alcohol that you don't like then that is a political issue. 'laws' are political abstractions.

Robby's response was for your second point. Ya know. Like why should people care what others believe.

Try to pay attention..
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
16-02-2015, 11:26 AM
(16-02-2015 11:16 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Laws are part of a country, which you're saying is only abstract. It's not, and the fact that the border exists, is evidence that supports that.

You can call laws opinions, but they are not the same thing.

That was some painted bricks that some people pretend are the 'border.' Lets try it this way... When and how did that line become the 'border?'

A 'law' is just an opinion that is enforced with some form of threats, duress, coercion. Lets try it this way... if you think a 'law' is factually something other than just an opinion then please let us all know.
16-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Rob, who is telling you what to do or what not to do other than those people who call themselves politicians/bureaucrats?
16-02-2015, 11:35 AM
(16-02-2015 11:29 AM)Anti Wrote:  Rob, who is telling you what to do or what not to do other than those people who call themselves politicians/bureaucrats?

It doesn't matter. You asked why I should care what others think and I explained it. You're shifting the goal posts again. I don't care about other people's religious beliefs until they try to start making them laws.
16-02-2015, 11:38 AM
(16-02-2015 11:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I don't care about other people's religious beliefs until they try to start making them laws.

So you only like 'laws' that are made by corrupt millionaire white guys, just as long as they arent religious. that makes sense.
16-02-2015, 11:39 AM
(16-02-2015 11:38 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 11:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I don't care about other people's religious beliefs until they try to start making them laws.

So you only like 'laws' that are made by corrupt millionaire white guys, just as long as they arent religious. that makes sense.

You've moved from shifting the goal posts to ignoring context to putting words in my mouth. I honestly cannot see any reason to read your posts anymore.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
16-02-2015, 11:41 AM
(16-02-2015 11:39 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You've moved from shifting the goal posts to ignoring context to putting words in my mouth. I honestly cannot see any reason to read your posts anymore.

whatever you do, please don't stop reading my posts.