Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions
Where's Muffs to call this guy a cunt. Ah well, I guess it falls to me.
Hey Anti. You're a cunt!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 11:51 AM
(16-02-2015 11:26 AM)Anti Wrote:  That was some painted bricks that some people pretend are the 'border.' Lets try it this way... When and how did that line become the 'border?'

A 'law' is just an opinion that is enforced with some form of threats, duress, coercion. Lets try it this way... if you think a 'law' is factually something other than just an opinion then please let us all know.

Pretend? Those borders concretely show you a change of laws, government and territory, just taking a single step. And if you want to know when, all you need to do is study the history of Netherlands and Belgium.

Laws are rules, opinions are just personal views on something. That's the difference.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
16-02-2015, 11:55 AM
(16-02-2015 11:49 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Where's Muffs to call this guy a cunt. Ah well, I guess it falls to me.
Hey Anti. You're a cunt!
Why not be grateful that I pointed out some examples of reification to you?

Why go around like fools and resenting religious abstractions being reified when you all are doing the same with political abstractions?
16-02-2015, 11:59 AM
(16-02-2015 11:51 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Laws are rules, opinions are just personal views on something. That's the difference.

'laws' and 'rules' are synonyms. somebody has to make them up unless you think they come down from the sacred mountaintop on stone tablets. is that what you think?

And that 'border' you mentioned... where did it come from?
16-02-2015, 12:03 PM
(16-02-2015 11:59 AM)Anti Wrote:  'laws' and 'rules' are synonyms. somebody has to make them up unless you think they come down from the sacred mountaintop on stone tablets. is that what you think?

No, they're not synonyms.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
16-02-2015, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 12:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-02-2015 11:55 AM)Anti Wrote:  Why not be grateful that I pointed out some examples of reification to you?
Skippy's trying to play with a new word he just learnt.

(16-02-2015 11:55 AM)Anti Wrote:  Why go around like fools and resenting underwear being reified when you all are doing the same with socks?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2015, 12:07 PM
(16-02-2015 09:37 AM)Anti Wrote:  July 3,1776 -- there was No country
July 4, 1776 -- now there is a country.

The only thing that happened was some guys made a declaration. Thats it. Land and/or people didn't just show up on July 4, 1776. So a 'country' is not land or people. Its just somebody's make believe idea that is forced onto us all.

Factually, a 'country' is just an opinion, just like a 'god.'

You do realize that you just said that "God" is just an opinion, don't you? In other words a subjective belief.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-02-2015, 12:12 PM
(16-02-2015 10:22 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 10:11 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A country is as real as a house. It is a human construct with borders, border guards and fences around it, with people contained inside it.

'borders' are make believe political abstractions also.

'border guards' are just men with guns

Just because men with guns are being paid to pretend imaginary lines are real does not make them real. It just means those people are delusional.

I think that you are having trouble distinguishing between "make believe" and reality. Since you are comparing "God" to something that you claim is make believe, you are admitting that your god is make believe.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-02-2015, 12:13 PM
(16-02-2015 11:59 AM)Anti Wrote:  And that 'border' you mentioned... where did it come from?

It was established by Lord Taco Bell many years ago young Auntie.
16-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Anti,

What is the objective reference of the concept "God"?