Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Atheist hypocrisy and obsession questions
(16-02-2015 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The ONLY one who "looks silly" here is yourself, and your attemot to define the world according to "anti".

I agree with Rand McNally. So your problem is with them and not me. I don't see what the issue is and why some are getting emotional. Lets look at what they said again:

On physical maps, it is the physical features that stand out. These features include land elevations, mountain ranges, valleys, plains, and bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans.

Political maps emphasize political features. Political, in this sense, means specifically, boundaries and names of political units such as countries, states, and provinces, and the capitals of these units.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 01:22 PM
(16-02-2015 01:14 PM)Anti Wrote:  On physical maps, it is the physical features that stand out. These features include land elevations, mountain ranges, valleys, plains, and bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans.

In other words, abstract concepts.

(16-02-2015 01:14 PM)Anti Wrote:  Political maps emphasize political features. Political, in this sense, means specifically, boundaries and names of political units such as countries, states, and provinces, and the capitals of these units.

In other words, abstract concepts.

Geographic maps and political maps are both factually the exact same thing. Both are just abstract concepts.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2015, 01:36 PM
(16-02-2015 12:26 PM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 12:15 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Anti,

What is the objective reference of the concept "God"?

I don't know. doesn't everyone have their own subjective concept of what 'god' is or isnt?

Yes everyone who believes in a god has a subjective concept of it. That's because it doesn't exist in reality but only in the imagination. The concept "man" is an abstraction. The actual concretes that the concept subsumes, men and women, are not.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-02-2015, 01:40 PM
(16-02-2015 01:14 PM)Anti Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The ONLY one who "looks silly" here is yourself, and your attemot to define the world according to "anti".

I agree with Rand McNally. So your problem is with them and not me. I don't see what the issue is and why some are getting emotional. Lets look at what they said again:

On physical maps, it is the physical features that stand out. These features include land elevations, mountain ranges, valleys, plains, and bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans.

Political maps emphasize political features. Political, in this sense, means specifically, boundaries and names of political units such as countries, states, and provinces, and the capitals of these units.

And your POINT is what ? In total , all those things are not what the word "reification" means. Nice try though. Maybe you'll do better with next week's big word.

You are dismissed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I'm obsessed with the truth and it annoys me when people lie and take advantage of gullible people.

It then annoys me when those gullible people vote or attempt to enact legislation that discriminates against a segment of our population.

Is irritates me when asshats try to make up shit and act like their religion does no harm.

It shouldn't surprise me that a bunch of liars find it hard to understand why the truth is important

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
16-02-2015, 03:02 PM
(16-02-2015 01:48 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It shouldn't surprise me that a bunch of liars find it hard to understand why the truth is important

Rolleyes And then come to *our* forum to berate us for some imagined slight.

OP: Get a life. You're really a sad case if the best you can do with your time is pester people who don't like you for attention. Look. There's a whole world out there. You can read books. You can travel. You can worship your silly God. You can *live*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-02-2015, 03:27 PM
(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)Anti Wrote:  1. A 'god' and a 'country' are both factually the exact same thing. Both are just abstract concepts. One is a political abstraction, the other is a religious abstraction. They are both factually the same yet every atheist I talk to seems to think 'countries' are something more than just a mere abstraction. If reifying a 'god' is religion then isn't the reification of a 'country' also religion? Why the hypocrisy?

It only looks like hypocrisy when you don't see that you are comparing apples to oranges. Countries are founded in real political and organizational boundaries. Religion is not only an abstraction, but is not founded in anything real at all. I can show you the people, land, and laws that make up countries and prove countries are real (even if in "abstract" form - a point which I could also argue, but I don't need to). You cannot show me one single thing about any god that proves such a god is real.

(16-02-2015 08:20 AM)Anti Wrote:  2. Why are atheists obsessed with what other people think? I could care less about anybody's religious beliefs. Should I be obsessing like you guys? Even the term 'atheist' is based on resenting somebody else's thoughts... Labels are silly to begin with yet labeling yourself based other people's thoughts is a bit obsessive, don't you think?

So tell me, who is it - theists or atheists - that butt into peoples' sex lives - relentlessly push the idea that we are all unworthy, unclean, and unequal to some invisible, egotistical, magic person in the sky - prey on the weak, uneducated, and vulnerable - tell two loving, consenting adults that they can't marry simply because they are both the same sex and will furthermore go to hell - continually tries to manipulate our educational and political systems for their own gain - demand large amounts of money from people even though no god would have any need or use for money - and repeatedly pester people at their own front doors just to pedal their woo? (Hint: It's not atheists.)

How are you so blind to think that it's atheists who are "obsessed"? Dodgy

And, for someone who "could care less", what are YOU doing HERE? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-02-2015, 03:33 PM
(16-02-2015 10:04 AM)Anti Wrote:  Rob says "A country exists in so much as we say it does. It's a collection of beliefs...."

You couldve just stopped there. Thats all it is. How is that different from religion?

Yup, a true theist here. Cherry picked what he/she wanted to hear and deemed the rest irrelevant. Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-02-2015, 05:52 PM
(16-02-2015 01:14 PM)Anti Wrote:  

"In Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people."
-Lisa Simpson
16-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Here is a double checkmate to go along with Rand McNally.... check out this satellite image of earth. All you see is land and water. Thats it. Those white lines you sometimes see that they call 'borders' are make believe. Just some white dudes made those lines up. Thats the facts, and just because men with guns are being paid to pretend those imaginary lines are real does not make them real. It just makes those people who believe they are real... delusional. Forced reification is still religion.

[Image: article-2105388-0824E6EC000005DC-994_468x430.jpg]