"Atheist kids songs"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2014, 06:15 PM
"Atheist kids songs"
(19-11-2014 02:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Admittedly, I laughed. Offensive, but I laughed. Wouldn't be the first comedian that's a dick, nor the first Christian.

I liked the parody to Jesus loves me. "If you're weak you won't survive."

He makes an interesting point - what would you do at an atheist mega church?

Yeah seriously what WOULD you do? Probably talk about all the things that don't exist....ahemmm I mean, to be politically correct, talk about things that cannot be proven to exist.

...Or just sit in silence lol

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: "Atheist kids songs"
(20-11-2014 06:15 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 02:44 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Admittedly, I laughed. Offensive, but I laughed. Wouldn't be the first comedian that's a dick, nor the first Christian.

I liked the parody to Jesus loves me. "If you're weak you won't survive."

He makes an interesting point - what would you do at an atheist mega church?

Yeah seriously what WOULD you do? Probably talk about all the things that don't exist....ahemmm I mean, to be politically correct, talk about things that cannot be proven to exist.

...Or just sit in silence lol

I dunno, I don't think it's such a bad idea. There is a lot of positive things you can get out of a community atmosphere like that if it's done right.

First you get a pastor, someone really fucking smart and funny and passionate about shit to come up with smart and funny and passionate shit to say about..........whatever the hell he wants to talk about that week.

Have a science segment and talk about current science events.

Get some kick ass musicians to lead sing-alongs to really good tunes that everyone knows and grew up with. Music is always fun.

There's literally no cap on how much cool shit you could do in a place like that. I mean, what do people have atheist meet-up groups for? Community.

It's the same idea, but doesn't necessarily have to be about atheism all the time....just cool shit. Actually it would be dumb to drone on about atheism week after week, make it a humanist church or science church or something like that.

"The Church of Cool Shit".......yeah.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-11-2014, 03:37 AM
RE: "Atheist kids songs"
It also helps fill a void left from leaving religion. Religion tries claiming ownership of so many things fundamental to being a human, such as fellowship, community spirit, morality, sexuality. This sounds like a way of easing new deconverts into a life without a religious church.
21-11-2014, 08:27 AM
"Atheist kids songs"
@mathilda I'm fortunate to not have had to deal with that void since I've been skeptical at a young age...actually I remember it well...the first time I got suspicious of religion is when I heard that if Jesus were hung by his hands he would fall off the cross because anatomically, his hands could not support his body weight. Anyway that void is very real I've heard my mom say No Matter What she will believe in god and take that to the grave. What a sad sad thing to not even have the ABILITY to be able to continuously improve your thoughts in you wanted to.

@evenheathen you know atheists would have one badass science segment at "the church of atheists" Tongue

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein