Atheist media [formerly "helping the jackrabbit"]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 10:10 AM by Jackrabbit.)
Atheist media [formerly "helping the jackrabbit"]
Hey guys,

As atheists we are not on a level playing field in terms of media with religion,
but on the internet we are and can definitly kick some butt.
I want to start making Animations and videos (my field of study) on youtube presenting the argument in an interesting and fun way much like TTA, thunderf00t and many others.

"Why do this when others are already doing this" you might ask.
Well the answer is simple, the internet is a place where opinions can be expressed without censorship (that might change soon due to SOPA but anyway Tongue) and many closeted atheists look to the internet (especially youtube) for answers, i knew i did. So instead of having just X number of atheist media on the internet we can make it X+1 increasing the propability with every video that a doubting religious person might stumble upon it and hear a good argument.
Also present something new to the atheist viewers, let's face it most of the people who watch these channels are atheists and i think we can offer something new and interesting to our community besides stating the irrationalities of belief and all the usual arguments (although we can have plenty of that too Big Grin).

"So why should I help you?" you might also ask.
Helping others break the chains of religion by presenting the facts and maybe having rational discussions with people of faith who are willing.
Self improvement value! i get to hone my budding writing, editing and producing skills and so does anyone else who cares to join, honing whatever skills they can bring to the table (such as sceince, music, any digital design knowlage, voice acting, story telling, or just a good old fashioned debate skill)

I would also like to keep this project to maintain a permanent link to this forum community.
So who would like to get in touch with me on msn or skype to talk details?

anyone interested feel free to pm me.

and tell me what you think bout this idea and any ideas/critisicm Big Grin

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Jackrabbit's post
25-12-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: Atheist media [formerly "helping the jackrabbit"]
I think it's a great idea, especially as an ex-Muslim you could probably bring something completely new to the table. I've seen plenty of videos by life-long atheists and ex-Christians and they tend to make points from a Christian side of things. As an ex-Muslim you would offer a totally different perspective.

I would offer to help but I'm pretty sure I have no skills I could really offer to this sort of thing. I wish you all the best with it though Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
25-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, good initiative, bro. Give us more details (what exactly you need) when you plan something more specific and maybe we can figure out ways to help you.

When you say "I need some help to do something" it's hard to find people to volunteer. But if you say "I need an animated black cat with a turban. I need to lip-sync it to say this and that", someone will think, hey, I can draw a convincing cat, someone else will think: I have a decent voice and a good talent for accents and so on.

Until then, you certainly have our moral support Smile

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
25-12-2011, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 06:44 PM by Jackrabbit.)
(25-12-2011 05:40 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it's a great idea, especially as an ex-Muslim you could probably bring something completely new to the table. I've seen plenty of videos by life-long atheists and ex-Christians and they tend to make points from a Christian side of things. As an ex-Muslim you would offer a totally different perspective.

I would offer to help but I'm pretty sure I have no skills I could really offer to this sort of thing. I wish you all the best with it though Smile.

Thanks for the support (see next reply)
Yeah im not gonna give any quarter to good ol' mo

(25-12-2011 06:10 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Yeah, good initiative, bro. Give us more details (what exactly you need) when you plan something more specific and maybe we can figure out ways to help you.

When you say "I need some help to do something" it's hard to find people to volunteer. But if you say "I need an animated black cat with a turban. I need to lip-sync it to say this and that", someone will think, hey, I can draw a convincing cat, someone else will think: I have a decent voice and a good talent for accents and so on.

Until then, you certainly have our moral support Smile

Well i mainly just need somebody to talk with/develop ideas, to fact check me and see if any of my arguments have holes in them

as for something specific i cant say that yet because to make good competitive content for youtube needs careful planning and exicution (of plans not apostates).

what i could really use also is someone who has the equipment to compose some soundtrack (a keyboard linked to a pc would suffice), a voice actor/ress (i suck at that as i tend to get a bit animated) and anyone writes a good story/content and wants it voiced.

Heres a vid i made last week just for kicks and i was thinking it could make for some good content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_OaiLfV9s
Critique welcome

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
25-12-2011, 06:55 PM
1. I have a guitar and a microphone. If we have something going and you can't find someone better, I could try to come up with something. I cannot volunteer Leela for this, but she can handle the same guitar at least as well as I can if the story inspires her somehow.

2. I have some acting skills, but English is not my first language either, so my accent will most likely be off. Besides, if you intend to pick on Muslims, you seem to be the only one around here with the native appropriate accent.

3. Start writing something or come up with a list of ideas and we can go from there.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

25-12-2011, 07:16 PM
(25-12-2011 06:55 PM)Malleus Wrote:  1. I have a guitar and a microphone. If we have something going and you can't find someone better, I could try to come up with something. I cannot volunteer Leela for this, but she can handle the same guitar at least as well as I can if the story inspires her somehow.

2. I have some acting skills, but English is not my first language either, so my accent will most likely be off. Besides, if you intend to pick on Muslims, you seem to be the only one around here with the native appropriate accent.

3. Start writing something or come up with a list of ideas and we can go from there.

1. sounds like a plan.

2. also sounds like a plan, where are you from btw?
and not just gonna pick on muslims, everyone is fair game

3. did u see the video i posted in the reply?

25-12-2011, 07:28 PM
(25-12-2011 07:16 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  2. also sounds like a plan, where are you from btw?
and not just gonna pick on muslims, everyone is fair game

3. did u see the video i posted in the reply?

2. Born in Romania, living in Ireland

3. No, I get the message "this video is private"

25-12-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_OaiLfV9s

25-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I think your voice is cool. Definitely usable for a documentary-type vid. Maybe even more. I can't tell just from this sample.

As for the content, your question, delivery and illustration are all fine.

Mutations are inherently random. There is no telling what results you would get. As for survival and perpetuation of new traits, the environment plays a great role in "deciding" what stays and what goes - the differences between the new planet and Earth. For example if there is a constant loud disturbing noise on that planet, individuals with a hearing impediment that makes them unable to hear that particular frequency would certainly function better and they would be able to communicate easier in different frequencies. Or the selection process can simply be influenced by more arbitrary factors, for example if the opposite sex finds the new characteristics... sexier.

25-12-2011, 08:02 PM

i am glad you liked it, so as you can see, not only do i want to rip religion and politics a new one, i also want to offer atheists something nice to watch which can be in the form of these open ended question videos that aim to stimulate the brain. or parodies etc.

maybe i can use the forum as a base of operations, although i still think communicating with a sepecific person on each project is better to work out the final and more specific details.

i guess ill have to sleep on it Smile
feel free to share the video etc.