Atheist only forum? Does one exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Atheist only forum? Does one exist?
Hi guys.

I just want to converse with atheists. Religious people and trolls make me sick.

Is anyone aware of a forum just for atheists?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Atheist only forum? Does one exist?
Unfortunately, I think there are going to be trolls on any site you go on. Unless you started your own forum and booted people off immediately who were trolls or theists pretending to be atheists.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
18-03-2017, 07:36 PM
(18-03-2017 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Unfortunately, I think there are going to be trolls on any site you go on. Unless you started your own forum and booted people off immediately who were trolls or theists pretending to be atheists.

Even then, they would not be booted immediately because you would not be able to tell until they start posting, by then they would already do damage. There is no way to stop theists from registering. Only way possible would be by invite only so you can only invite Atheists to join.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-03-2017, 07:39 PM
(18-03-2017 07:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Unfortunately, I think there are going to be trolls on any site you go on. Unless you started your own forum and booted people off immediately who were trolls or theists pretending to be atheists.

Even then, they would not be booted immediately because you would not be able to tell until they start posting, by then they would already do damage. There is no way to stop theists from registering. Only way possible would be by invite only so you can only invite Atheists to join.

I see.

Thanks.

If anyone knows of such a site, please send me an invite. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Could there possibly be something by Skype maybe?
18-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Why not just block the theists?

Oh wait... you're looking to get away from people like me. Try over at AF. I get the impression they have fewer theists there. Or perhaps you can start a forum of your own with an application process. Then you can have more control over who talks to you.
18-03-2017, 07:45 PM
We could use this thread to warn you each time we spot a troll, so you could preemptively block them Tongue

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
18-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Banjo I came from Atheist Nexus, its an Atheist only forum. There's a couple of loons on it still (pseudoscience types) and occasional people sneaking in to convert people, but most of them are really great people.

PM me and I can give you a list of really good people you can trust that will be honored to be your friend.

I'd still like to see you here, but anything that can help you.... Smile

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-03-2017, 07:51 PM
(18-03-2017 07:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

I wouldn't join an atheist only forum. I joined this one because I felt welcome to do so. On the trolling, I think you're right, Jdog. You can't anticipate who is or isn't a troll until they start posting because the whole point of their trolling is to get into the forum so they can post. Theists who are not trolls probably wouldn't want to join a place where they're unwelcome.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
18-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Banjo,
I understand the frustration with theists who come here and try to convert us and the ones who come here to tell us things we have never heard before...like the good news. Dodgy

But we have people like Aliza and Shai, and KC who are good people...just good people who happen to follow a religion.

Seems to me that what you are really looking for in an anti-theist forum.

Yer gettin' a bit cranky there buddy.

Do you need a hug?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post