Atheist only forum? Does one exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: Atheist only forum? Does one exist?
(18-03-2017 08:13 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

I just want to converse with atheists. Religious people and trolls make me sick.

Is anyone aware of a forum just for atheists?

> Atheist Nexus is a website exclusively for atheists and agnostics. Any theists attempting to infiltrate the website will be immediately banned. Flaming and obnoxious behavior will also result in being banned.

http://atheistnexus.org/

Thanks for posting, I might check it out, even though I do like our friendly neighborhood theists here Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-03-2017, 10:44 PM
(18-03-2017 10:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:13 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Atheist Nexus is a website exclusively for atheists and agnostics. Any theists attempting to infiltrate the website will be immediately banned. Flaming and obnoxious behavior will also result in being banned.

http://atheistnexus.org/

Thanks for posting, I might check it out, even though I do like our friendly neighborhood theists here Tongue

[Image: 2ba.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
18-03-2017, 11:42 PM
(18-03-2017 08:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Banjo can rest assured that he can discuss things freely without encountering people with whom he disagrees.

It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

See. You cannot. There is no such thing.

I'm just over it. It's too fucking stupid. Life's too short.

I get sad seeing nice people fooled by this totally stupid arse shit. Aliza you have a good brain but fail to use it.

Shai is reading that moron Stroebel.

Fucking sad. Just fucking sad.

And this is too troll friendly.

(18-03-2017 08:42 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I get though mate! ... ...

The kind of theists you're talking about!

It's that sense of 'why am I doing this again? This is pointless'.

You can liken to watching a clown fucking a doorknob! ... I mean, it was funny at first!

GaspLaughat

I'm heading over to that Nexus place.

Thanks Bob. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-03-2017, 04:22 AM
(18-03-2017 07:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

I just want to converse with atheists. Religious people and trolls make me sick.

Is anyone aware of a forum just for atheists?

I would be happy to participate in a forum containing both atheists and theists. But it would be best if no religion-based posts were permitted. And and trolls banned regardless of their positions on invisible friends and woo.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

19-03-2017, 06:16 AM
TTA + [ignore function] => voila.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-03-2017, 07:26 AM
(18-03-2017 07:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why not just block the theists?

Oh wait... you're looking to get away from people like me. Try over at AF. I get the impression they have fewer theists there. Or perhaps you can start a forum of your own with an application process. Then you can have more control over who talks to you.

AF allows theists and has plenty of them. That's not necessarily a bad thing on my opinion. I like theists.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
19-03-2017, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2017 10:52 AM by Aliza.)
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Banjo can rest assured that he can discuss things freely without encountering people with whom he disagrees.

It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

I get sad seeing nice people fooled by this totally stupid arse shit. Aliza you have a good brain but fail to use it.

I think you forgot the part where I've said so many times that I'm not trying to prove there is a G-d to anyone. One reason why I stayed on this forum was to discuss religion from a more academic standpoint... not to try to convince people to adopt my way of thinking or "prove" my position (as if I care what other people think.) I believe I've contributed a unique voice to this forum which adds a new element to conversations about religion, but what I do not do -ever- is try to convince people to believe my G-d.

I appreciate that you see that I have a good brain (I think I do too). I work hard, I try to turn in top notch quality work, and I hope to earn my degree so I can apply my science knowledge to some sort of career in the future. Shai has already earned his PhD, and he's doing quite well in his field. Our individual thoughts about religion may differ from yours, but they don't seem to be impinging on our lives or our opportunities for success in any way.

Really, we're just people who are pretty much the exact same as you except we've come to a different conclusion about something than you have.

Jennybee has come to a few conclusions about some things that I totally disagree with. For example, The Walking Dead sucks. What was she thinking!? Chocolate cupcakes suck, too. Peanut butter, caramel, and vanilla are the better flavors. Duh!

And her Jason Stratham has nothing on my David Tennant. Look at these guys and tell me David Tennant is not far better looking. (I think I rest my case.)

[Image: MV5BMTkxMzk2MDkwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDAx...17_AL_.jpg]

[Image: 00349428ddb687c2dd01e6966a4a1be9.jpg]

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If it really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.
[+] 10 users Like Aliza's post
19-03-2017, 10:15 AM
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Shai is reading that moron Stroebel.

If Shai were an atheist would it be ok? He's tearing apart that book last I looked and I like that he's doing it.

As to the troll part, sorry you feel that way.

Every forum has rules and the reason I stayed here was because it was a friendly place, with fairly laid back rules. I've never been banned from a forum, but I have just simply stopped posting because I had a feeling I'd break the rules. I have issues with just stupid people in general, it doesn't matter who they are or what the believe or don't believe. I find every forum has their share of stupid people.

I wish you nothing but the best.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-03-2017, 10:40 AM
(19-03-2017 09:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

I think you forgot the part where I've said so many times that I'm not trying to prove there is a G-d to anyone. One reason why I stayed on this forum was to discuss religion from a more academic standpoint... not to try to convince people to adopt my way of thinking or "prove" my position (as if I care what other people think.) I believe I've contributed a unique voice to this forum which adds a new element to conversations about religion, but what I do not do -ever- is try to convince people to believe my G-d.

I appreciate that you see that I have a good brain (I think I do too). I work hard, I try to turn in top notch quality work, and I hope to earn my degree so I can apply my science knowledge to some sort of career in the future. Shai has already earned his PhD, and he's doing quite well in his field. Our individual thoughts about religion may differ from yours, but they don't seem to be impinging on our lives or our opportunities for success in any way.

Really, we're just people who are pretty much the exact same as you except we've come to a different conclusion about something than you have.

Jennybee has come to a few conclusions about some things that I totally disagree with. For example, The Walking Dead sucks. What was she thinking!? Chocolate cupcakes suck, too. Peanut butter, caramel, and vanilla are the better flavors. Duh!

And her Jason Stratham has nothing on my David Tennant. Look at these guys and tell me David Tennant is not far better looking. (I think I rest my case.)

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If if really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.

Tennant FTW. Drooling
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
19-03-2017, 10:45 AM
(19-03-2017 09:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If if really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.

Laugh out load Tongue

Well, the reason we can still be friends is because I also think DT is cute. Otherwise, the chocolate cupcakes would be a deal breaker Wink
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post