Atheist only forum? Does one exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 11:00 AM
RE: Atheist only forum? Does one exist?
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 08:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Banjo can rest assured that he can discuss things freely without encountering people with whom he disagrees.

It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

See. You cannot. There is no such thing.

I'm just over it. It's too fucking stupid. Life's too short.

I get sad seeing nice people fooled by this totally stupid arse shit. Aliza you have a good brain but fail to use it.

Shai is reading that moron Stroebel.

Fucking sad. Just fucking sad.

And this is too troll friendly.

(18-03-2017 08:42 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I get though mate! ... ...

The kind of theists you're talking about!

It's that sense of 'why am I doing this again? This is pointless'.

You can liken to watching a clown fucking a doorknob! ... I mean, it was funny at first!

GaspLaughat

I'm heading over to that Nexus place.

Thanks Bob. Smile

I think you have to do what makes you comfortable, Banjo. Of course, I will miss you over here so still pop by and say hello to us Smile

I do think having theists on the forum is important. The rational ones like Aliza, KC (wait, is he an atheist now, I'm confused) and Shai are really helpful to people who come here and are thinking about transitioning out of religious thinking.

One of the things that helped me in my transition for instance, was learning that Jesus is not in Jewish teachings and that was a fabrication from the Christian church. Aliza can help with that tremendously. So not only is she a fun person to have on the forum, but she can also help free people from the Christian way of thinking.

Shai, Aliza, and KC, are successful and rational theists and can show woo-crazy religiously indoctrinated people that you can separate science and religion--you can be spiritual without riding the woo train.

Imo, people who are like this are good for atheism as they are our allies. I would love to turn everyone into Jason Statham loving atheists but that's just not reality Tongue Although, I do believe Aliza hasn't fully welcomed a chocolate cupcake into her heart and that is why she hates them Wink

So since I can't convert everyone to my way of thinking, I would much rather allow those who wish to believe do so rationally--to where they science when it's time to science, want scientific pursuits furthered, don't spew hate out into the world, don't try and tell others how they should live, don't try and stop others from living their lives on their own terms, and don't try to convert anyone to their way of thinking.

If people who are struggling with faith come here--we can offer them those two options: Come to the darkside Evil_monster or be a rational theist.

The theist troll nuts on this forum are helpful in their own way too. Sometimes when you are riding the woo train it is helpful to see how nutty you truly sound via select others on the forum.

Anyway, my two cents Big Grin I support you with whatever you decide to do, Banjo. Just know that we will miss your input around here. Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
19-03-2017, 11:03 AM
I think it would be really boring if we didn't have theists and trolls popping in.

If they shit on the rug, mom shoos them out the door.

If they are nice people, we like having them here.

I have developed a lot more tolerance here over time. It's a good thing, it helped me grow.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
19-03-2017, 11:04 AM
(19-03-2017 10:40 AM)julep Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 09:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I think you forgot the part where I've said so many times that I'm not trying to prove there is a G-d to anyone. One reason why I stayed on this forum was to discuss religion from a more academic standpoint... not to try to convince people to adopt my way of thinking or "prove" my position (as if I care what other people think.) I believe I've contributed a unique voice to this forum which adds a new element to conversations about religion, but what I do not do -ever- is try to convince people to believe my G-d.

I appreciate that you see that I have a good brain (I think I do too). I work hard, I try to turn in top notch quality work, and I hope to earn my degree so I can apply my science knowledge to some sort of career in the future. Shai has already earned his PhD, and he's doing quite well in his field. Our individual thoughts about religion may differ from yours, but they don't seem to be impinging on our lives or our opportunities for success in any way.

Really, we're just people who are pretty much the exact same as you except we've come to a different conclusion about something than you have.

Jennybee has come to a few conclusions about some things that I totally disagree with. For example, The Walking Dead sucks. What was she thinking!? Chocolate cupcakes suck, too. Peanut butter, caramel, and vanilla are the better flavors. Duh!

And her Jason Stratham has nothing on my David Tennant. Look at these guys and tell me David Tennant is not far better looking. (I think I rest my case.)

[Image: MV5BMTkxMzk2MDkwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDAx...17_AL_.jpg]

[Image: 00349428ddb687c2dd01e6966a4a1be9.jpg]

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If if really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.

Tennant FTW. Drooling

You guys are kidding me Tennant is an ugly looking weasel, you and Aliza need your eyes testedRainbow Vomit
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
19-03-2017, 11:24 AM
(19-03-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 10:40 AM)julep Wrote:  Tennant FTW. Drooling

You guys are kidding me Tennant is an ugly looking weasel, you and Aliza need your eyes testedRainbow Vomit

Tennant is ok ... I love Broadchurch. The other one Statham is alright, too... hilarious in Spy. Dodgy

But why discuss apple's & oranges when there is ...
[Image: tumblr_inline_ms7i43G9kV1qz4rgp.jpg]
Crème brûlée?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-03-2017, 11:26 AM
(19-03-2017 11:24 AM)kim Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You guys are kidding me Tennant is an ugly looking weasel, you and Aliza need your eyes testedRainbow Vomit

Tennant is ok ... I love Broadchurch. The other one Statham is alright, too... hilarious in Spy. Dodgy
Slightly better but not much, Drinking Beverage
Crème brûlée?
Better than the others but not a sex symbol by any stretch. Drinking Beverage
19-03-2017, 11:28 AM
(19-03-2017 09:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's not about disagreeing. E.G. Prove to me right now there is a god.

See. You cannot. There is no such thing.

I'm just over it. It's too fucking stupid. Life's too short.

I get sad seeing nice people fooled by this totally stupid arse shit. Aliza you have a good brain but fail to use it.

Shai is reading that moron Stroebel.

Fucking sad. Just fucking sad.

And this is too troll friendly.

I think you forgot the part where I've said so many times that I'm not trying to prove there is a G-d to anyone. One reason why I stayed on this forum was to discuss religion from a more academic standpoint... not to try to convince people to adopt my way of thinking or "prove" my position (as if I care what other people think.) I believe I've contributed a unique voice to this forum which adds a new element to conversations about religion, but what I do not do -ever- is try to convince people to believe my G-d.

I appreciate that you see that I have a good brain (I think I do too). I work hard, I try to turn in top notch quality work, and I hope to earn my degree so I can apply my science knowledge to some sort of career in the future. Shai has already earned his PhD, and he's doing quite well in his field. Our individual thoughts about religion may differ from yours, but they don't seem to be impinging on our lives or our opportunities for success in any way.

Really, we're just people who are pretty much the exact same as you except we've come to a different conclusion about something than you have.

Jennybee has come to a few conclusions about some things that I totally disagree with. For example, The Walking Dead sucks. What was she thinking!? Chocolate cupcakes suck, too. Peanut butter, caramel, and vanilla are the better flavors. Duh!

And her Jason Stratham has nothing on my David Tennant. Look at these guys and tell me David Tennant is not far better looking. (I think I rest my case.)

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If it really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.

Are you fucking serious?

Statham is da man, id bang him.....and i am a male and hetero Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
19-03-2017, 11:33 AM
(19-03-2017 11:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You guys are kidding me Tennant is an ugly looking weasel, you and Aliza need your eyes testedRainbow Vomit

Crème brûlée?

You win!
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
19-03-2017, 11:34 AM

Crème brûlée?

Oh yeah, he's yummy too. Maybe I'm not so much a fan of that facial hair, but I still like the guy.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-03-2017, 11:34 AM
(19-03-2017 11:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 09:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I think you forgot the part where I've said so many times that I'm not trying to prove there is a G-d to anyone. One reason why I stayed on this forum was to discuss religion from a more academic standpoint... not to try to convince people to adopt my way of thinking or "prove" my position (as if I care what other people think.) I believe I've contributed a unique voice to this forum which adds a new element to conversations about religion, but what I do not do -ever- is try to convince people to believe my G-d.

Banjo, you're at a point in your life right now where you should take whatever steps are necessary to be happy. As you said, life is too short. I will say that I am not going to leave TTA on the grounds that my presence here happens to upset you. If you want to stay on this forum to be around your core group of friends (which I would imagine you do), then just put me, Shai, and KC and every other theist you meet here on your ignore list. It's no skin off our backs. If it really is just our presence here that is bothering you, then you can either try to convince the staff to ban theists from being here (I will leave if I'm no longer welcome), or you can try out that Nexus forum. Whichever route you decide to take, I sincerely do hope you find happiness because forum posting is supposed to be fun, social, informative and engaging... not frustrating.

Are you fucking serious?

Statham is da man, id bang him.....and i am a male and hetero Big Grin

Come sit on my couch and tell me about your childhood. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Jason Statham is bald for ferks sake!

Poor hair regrowth and/or male-pattern baldness is often caused by low testosterone levels. Need I say more? Hehe.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post