Atheist only forum? Does one exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Atheist only forum? Does one exist?
(19-03-2017 07:45 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya know those people who when cake is served at a gathering...like a graduation or baby shower...say that they don't want a corner piece because there is too much frosting? I say, out of the way...give me a corner piece with big frosting flourishes...hell, give me all four corners. Big Grin

I can only tolerate so much frosting. I favor the middle pieces, you can keep the corners.

It really depends on the frosting. If you've only had bad frosting (think grocery store cakes) then I don't even eat that crap.

If, on the other hand, it is buttercream frosting or my seafoam frosting ... Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-03-2017, 08:06 PM
(19-03-2017 08:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:45 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I can only tolerate so much frosting. I favor the middle pieces, you can keep the corners.

It really depends on the frosting. If you've only had bad frosting (think grocery store cakes) then I don't even eat that crap.

If, on the other hand, it is buttercream frosting or my seafoam frosting ... Drooling

There are definitely some better than others...buttercream....yum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
20-03-2017, 07:56 AM
(19-03-2017 04:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Theists/trolls. Theists have been slaughtering atheists throughout history. Does one not really believe in another time or place a troll like Tomasia would not be a part of the mob?

Nah man, i'm a brown, south asian christian, we don't kill non-christians. We're usually the ones to be killed for being christian, or for being brown. And I got nothing against atheists personally, none of them ever personally done me wrong, and I'm sure all of the one's I've ever ran into would make a decent neighbor. I may find some of you annoying, but as annoying as you might find a sibling, or friend, and especially not the sort I'd wish harm or ill will towards.

So no, in no version of history would I be on the end of the mob executing atheists.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
20-03-2017, 06:39 PM
(18-03-2017 07:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why not just block the theists?

Oh wait... you're looking to get away from people like me. Try over at AF. I get the impression they have fewer theists there. Or perhaps you can start a forum of your own with an application process. Then you can have more control over who talks to you.

No, we have, and welcome, theists there, so long as they're not twats -- and even when they are they are suffered: Huggy74, Chad, and GodsChild, and on the nicer side, C_L and Lek (though the latter can be a jerk too).

Banjy won't get any reprieve from theists there.
20-03-2017, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 09:20 PM by Aliza.)
(20-03-2017 06:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why not just block the theists?

Oh wait... you're looking to get away from people like me. Try over at AF. I get the impression they have fewer theists there. Or perhaps you can start a forum of your own with an application process. Then you can have more control over who talks to you.

No, we have, and welcome, theists there, so long as they're not twats -- and even when they are they are suffered: Huggy74, Chad, and GodsChild, and on the nicer side, C_L and Lek (though the latter can be a jerk too).

Banjy won't get any reprieve from theists there.

Here you go! You get a cupcake too!

[Image: Guitar-Hero-Cupcake-guitar-hero-3169088-453-604.jpg]

I don't know why, but I thought AF was less theist friendly.

I hope Banjo finds happiness over at Nexus. I happen to love coming to TTA; I like the conversation, I like the people, and I find I need and appreciate the distraction from other things throughout my day. I actually like the different opinions because it challenges me to consider other viewpoints. I sincerely hope Banjo can find a place where he can "get away" and enjoy himself as I do here.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
21-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Personally I very much appreciate having reasonable, pleasant theists on the forum. I don't appreciate preachy, trolling twat theists; but it's not the theist part that annoys me. An atheist behaving that way is just as bad.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Robvalue's post