Atheist or agnostic correct terms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: Atheist or agnostic correct terms?
(12-03-2014 05:11 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 11:18 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Er, it's a unicorn, not an elephant, dumbass.

Always a pleasure to see a mature, level headed and rational response, Alpha Male!

~ Miss Meng

[Image: b2130e482bff96310702860309b83986_500.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2014, 12:39 AM
(12-03-2014 11:04 AM)john2 Wrote:  I usually call myself an atheist for my friends but sometimes I call myself an agnostic. I'm still trying hard to understand the difference. Take the following example:

I tell you I have a pink elephant in my garage. You say that's pretty interesting and come over to see it. I open my garage door - you see no pink elephant inside. I assure you it is there. After some investigation however you can find nothing. I tell you it's invisible so you can't see it, you can't touch it cause you can walk through it etc. No matter what test you try I've got an answer. So are you an atheist regarding the pink elephant - I can't see hear, taste, touch, it etc so it is not there or are you agnostic to it? I can't prove it does not exist but maybe it can? Going a bit further if agnosticism is right is anything therefore possible unless proven otherwise? What do you guys think?

My head spins when it comes to "agnostic atheism"

For me, it's simple.

There's no evidence for a god, so there is no god, so I'm an atheist.

I' don't want to piss fart around guessing there might be such a thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2014, 05:14 AM
(12-03-2014 05:14 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Hmmm, a theist using violence to convert people into believing his delusions, where have I heard that before?
Can you read? In the scenario, he's the theist, and I'm the skeptic.
13-03-2014, 05:33 AM
(13-03-2014 05:14 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 05:14 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Hmmm, a theist using violence to convert people into believing his delusions, where have I heard that before?
Can you read? In the scenario, he's the theist, and I'm the skeptic.

You're still the fucktard using a gun to prove your point... Facepalm

13-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Also, I like how he acts like it has to be pink unicorns. Pink elephants have plenty of traction in our culture:

[Image: Iceradumbo2914.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-03-2014, 06:22 AM
The word agnostic is yet another term the delusional atheists use to try and make their position appear more credible, as though they were combing their hair "up" in an attempt to look cool and hip when in reality, they look like petulant children.

Miss Meng is always happy to help clear up any confusion! Laugh out load

~ Miss Meng
Web-Mistress of The Thinking Atheist.
13-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Miss meng, your asinine comments continue to astound me.

Agnosticism simply refers to a LACK OF COMPLETE CERTAINTY. I am agnostic about the existence of jackelopes. I don't think they exist, but I could be wrong. No one has shown me a live jackelope, so I remain an a-jackelope, or a jackelope skeptic.

Most atheists don't claim absolute certainty about anything. We know what it would take to change our minds. So far no one has presented good evidence for the existence of God. Since there is no evidence we must remain skeptical.
13-03-2014, 08:57 AM
(13-03-2014 06:22 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  The word agnostic is yet another term the delusional atheists use to try and make their position appear more credible, as though they were combing their hair "up" in an attempt to look cool and hip when in reality, they look like petulant children.

~ Miss Meng

Yes I Miss Meng you would be the one to actually see the elephant, unicorn whatever. I was talking about normal people not psychotics. Btw alpha male since you are so upset I didn't use the right character maybe you can send me an approved list? Since you are after all the head of fictional characters.
[+] 1 user Likes john2's post
13-03-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 09:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-03-2014 06:22 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  The word agnostic is yet another term the delusional atheists use to try and make their position appear more credible, as though they were combing their hair "up" in an attempt to look cool and hip when in reality, they look like petulant children.

~ Miss Meng

Who in the hell said you could leave for lunch? You have another 1337 iPads to finish before you make quota for today, so get back to work!

~ EvolutionKills
Taskmaster at Foxconn & Miss Meng's Line Supervisior
[Image: 500px-Foxconn_logo.svg_.png]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2014, 09:47 AM
(13-03-2014 08:57 AM)john2 Wrote:  Yes I Miss Meng you would be the one to actually see the elephant, unicorn whatever. I was talking about normal people not psychotics. Btw alpha male since you are so upset I didn't use the right character maybe you can send me an approved list? Since you are after all the head of fictional characters.
If you're gonna trot out all the traditional arguments (and you seem to be doing that), you may as well do it right. What's next...The Flying Gluten-Free Linguine Monster? Russell's Mr. Coffee Machine?!?