Atheist paramilitary organization

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-01-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Atheist paramilitary organization
(30-01-2014 11:51 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 03:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  Aw man, you edited your post. Dammit... Now I look like a n00b.

...unless you edit your post too. ...ya noob. Laughat

But then I lose the opportunity to whine Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I have avoided this thread for a variety of reasons but since the OP is apparently sincere I will add my take on it.

I have very strong political opinions (far to the left of the average american). I have payed attention to left wing rebellions that have taken place world wide and watched them for the most part fail.

I have come to the understanding that there are two ways the use of force to further a cause, any cause, fails. The first is that by resorting to violence you tacitly agree that your opponents may also use violence, making the achievement of your goals that much more difficult. The second is that an achievement gained by force of arms usually demands the continued use of force to maintain it. The leaders of that armed force tend to solidify and maintain their control by continued use of force often against those who should be their allies.

Any attempt at changing things by use of force fails because of that very use of force.
[+] 9 users Like JAH's post
31-01-2014, 05:07 PM
(31-01-2014 03:02 PM)JAH Wrote:  Any attempt at changing things by use of force fails because of that very use of force.

...mostly agree. Now consider that underlying everything a government does, is the threat of force, often actualized.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
31-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I don't see a need for such a force. Most of us live in 1st world civilized nations where violence against atheists for being atheists is rare. Not unheard of, but rare. In these nations we are able to take legal recourse in cases of violence or injustice towards us. I like to think that the more civilized nations have moved past this type of armed conflict, so us doing so would make us seem not enlightened, but barbaric.

There is also the small fact that we don't agree on much of anything. Atheists share one common thing, a disbelief in god. But for the rest we won't agree on much of anything.
01-02-2014, 05:21 AM
(30-01-2014 02:57 PM)donotwant Wrote:  What do you think about creating worldwide atheist paramilitary organization that will have funding, military, intelligence gathering wing and educational wing. The goal is to promote atheism worldwide. Counter religious propaganda and tracking down and assassinating/punishing anybody who messes with atheists.
What do you think?

It will have it's own military bases, universities etc.

It sounds totally unreasonable.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
01-02-2014, 07:47 AM
(31-01-2014 05:07 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 03:02 PM)JAH Wrote:  Any attempt at changing things by use of force fails because of that very use of force.

...mostly agree. Now consider that underlying everything a government does, is the threat of force, often actualized.

Except that in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, it is the people who wield the force. The government is the people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-02-2014, 07:52 AM
(01-02-2014 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:07 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...mostly agree. Now consider that underlying everything a government does, is the threat of force, often actualized.

Except that in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, it is the people who wield the force. The government is the people.

I won't believe that the government is the people until all of the people are in government. Dodgy
Which is a really stupid idea.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-02-2014, 04:18 PM
(01-02-2014 07:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Except that in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, it is the people who wield the force. The government is the people.

I won't believe that the government is the people until all of the people are in government. Dodgy

You wanna argue with Honest Abe? Good luck with that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 04:42 PM
(01-02-2014 04:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 07:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I won't believe that the government is the people until all of the people are in government. Dodgy

You wanna argue with Honest Abe? Good luck with that.

*Arguably Honest Abe.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Don't we already got a proper atheist military organization in the Germans?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.