Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Atheist rap

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 08:43 PM
This is unofficial, the guy in the picture is not Johnny hoax.

24-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Greydon square is a little more Layed back and less agressive sounding, I have all of his music but this song is one of my favorites

24-08-2016, 08:51 PM

24-08-2016, 08:55 PM
None of these songs are on YouTube yet because the album just came out but you can stream it free, check out the song Jesus is the only way. This entire album is great though!

https://syqs.bandcamp.com
26-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Atheist rap
(24-08-2016 07:41 PM)Eaton Wrote:  I have been really big into athist rap lately, especially syqynes, greydon square, and Johnny hoax. I will post a few YouTube videos, but look them up there is a lot of stuff on YouTube.

If you define yourself as an atheist rapper you're either not particularly good rapper, or at best a mediocre one whose likely to be forgotten in a season.

If you're not rapping about God, but shit like rims, and strippers, and money, your rap is an atheistic as it comes. Godless in it entirety. And there's plenty of rappers and rap songs devoted to this.

Biggie would be an atheists rapper in this regard, a hedonist, who rapped of stealing from the offering plate, before he'd ever consider getting on his knees in prayer. An alternative to a religions centric rapper like Kendrick Lamar.

Folks like Greyson Square are more or less bottom of the barrel rappers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
26-08-2016, 02:09 PM
These rappers will never "make it" or be popular because of their religious beliefs but they do it anyway. Syqynes is much more than an atheist rapper and also gets into politics and other issues he feels is important, chances are he will offend someone in one way or another but I have a lot of respect for him for doing what he does. Bottom of the barrel? Because they dare to address opinions that are not the majority and stay true to what they believe is important? Ok then.
26-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I think of explicitly "atheist" music the same way that I think of Christian music: cheesy and embarrassing to listen to in the company of others, but occasionally fun in sort of a campy way.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
29-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, don't forget about Rational Warrior!