Atheist register.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
RE: Atheist register.
or we could not just care and live are lives, because caring about this nonsense just makes you lose braincells over it, why do you think hes starting this silly stuff in the first place, hes commited his life to it.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 04:13 AM

(03-09-2011 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-09-2011 06:17 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I have another, quite relevant to this thread: Vision:

That's very, very good. I always knew phycicists were just poets in disguise..

Thank you, GirlyMan.

A disclaimer: I often use the word god in my poems -- I usually yell at it.

(you don't have to believe in something you use for a symbol or metaphor.)
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Being a fan of classical literature, I personally love the Scarlet Letter idea. Though, in all honesty, people like this man are to be pitied more than anything, for several reasons: he needs to call himself a pastor so he can feel his views are valid, which says a lot of what he thinks of himself; he blindly hates hundreds of thousands of people he has never met; and, to be honest, a man like this probably doesn't function very well socially, and is most likely just venting frustration over his own inadequacies on those he feels are the demons in his country. I'm not really angry at this man, I kind of want to give him a hug.
06-09-2011, 05:15 AM
(29-08-2011 11:54 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  Don't you guys often feel as if you were trapped in a lunatic asylum?

Reminds me of a poem:

Why?

Why am I trying to say
what so many already said
so much better,
so many times?
Our world is doomed,
and we, who can see it,
are not heard -
we must be mute…
…or the others all deaf.

A truth,
a conviction
needs decades of searching,
thinking, analyzing
to form, crystallize
into knowledge.
You can’t share it
with anyone
who has not traveled
the same path…
…and yet, we try.

Maybe we write
for each other,
to help us feel
we’re not alone,
there are others, our kind,
almost another species
dispersed on the planet…
…as if we were expelled
from our homeland,
for some horrible crime.

We sing ballads,
spin yarn,
write poems, plays, essays,
philosophize
from soap boxes
or thunder from pulpits,
trying to be heard,
to set their souls on fire…
…all we ever do is:
preach to the choir.

I have always compared it to a bad dream I used to have. I'm on a bus, with other crazy christians. The driver is also a Christian, and the bus is heading toward a cliff. Everyone is singing and happy without a care in the world. Anyone I talk to about this cliff just tells me not to work etc... The bus is society and I'm stuck on that bus...

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
07-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Just a follow up to my original post. As a fuck you to pastor stahl an atheist has registered the christian national registry of atheists domain name. Beating pastor Stahl to his idea of the website. Here's the Link if anyone's interested.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
(07-09-2011 01:02 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Just a follow up to my original post. As a fuck you to pastor stahl an atheist has registered the christian national registry of atheists domain name. Beating pastor Stahl to his idea of the website. Here's the Link if anyone's interested.

I hope it's made International instead of National. I feel left out!

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
10-09-2011, 08:58 PM
(29-08-2011 11:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Yeah I saw this first thing this morning and I couldn't help but think that this was the final line being drawn. Not only could we use this as a way of meeting each other and supporting our businesses but we could use it as a way of saying I'm atheist so what'cha gonna do about it? Also it sure helps our argument that morals do not come from the bible doesn't it?
But in a way he is promoting atheism

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM

I took a snapshot of the traffic on this forum.

This is what I found:

"28 users active in the past 15 minutes (8 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 17 guests)."

Do you think the guest list includes novices taking notes for the Inquisition?

Huh
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
(11-09-2011 03:44 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I took a snapshot of the traffic on this forum. ... Do you think the guest list includes novices taking notes for the Inquisition?

Ain't gonna be no Inquisition Redux. Difference now and then is that the population at large now has access to education, arms, and representation. Not gonna happen. We're already too smart to afford its recurrence.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I guess retards will be retards. The Christian faith hates us cause they know they can't brainwash us with there lies!