Atheist's Critique NOW FOR SALE! Hard nipples! Update: Now on eBook!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: Atheist's Critique NOW FOR SALE! Hard nipples!
(23-10-2012 10:42 PM)Near Wrote:  Will this be available as an e-book? I've been looking for a nice skeptical side-by-side of the Bible to have on my Kindle.

It will actually. Next step is to make it available on Amazon and Barnes n Nobles, then I'll start trying to convert it into eBook format. I may be over the page limit they allow though, so I may have to break it up into an Old Testament/New Testament thing.

I had a thought today. If somehow this thing becomes popular and I get enough hate mail/responses to the email I listed in the book, I can then write a "An Atheist's Critique of An Atheist's Critique of the Bible" book, where the cover is the same thing, only I'm holding a magnifying glass to this book, which has a magnifying glass of the Bible. Like a mirror facing a mirror kind of thing and still makes sense.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
24-10-2012, 12:16 AM
[Image: 4ry03.jpg]

Did you review your own book? Angel Laughat Big Grin

Funny. You do sound like you'd be a minister at a nudist colony.

Better without God, and happier too.
26-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Look what was waiting for me when i got home today Thumbsup

[Image: 20121026_164203.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
26-10-2012, 10:13 AM
(23-10-2012 10:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I was trying to watch this and kept flinching every time they said it.

S'funny. I was thinking: Huh? What's the problem?

Then a yank said it... and I winced.

26-10-2012, 02:59 PM
(26-10-2012 09:51 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Look what was waiting for me when i got home today Thumbsup

[Image: 20121026_164203.jpg]

Mine arrived today too. So fucking excited!!!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-10-2012, 08:50 PM
That was fast! When you get around to perusing it, feel free to give me honest critiques. I actually feel weird that people are paying money for my thoughts, so there's an underlying feeling of guilt. I don't know how authors deal with critics. But I know you guys, so hit me with it.

And since you all have ordered, I noticed and corrected 2 misspelled words and a sentence that didn't seem to end. So you lucky souls have an original copy, with errors and everything. Like a Babe Ruth baseball card with his name misspelled, it will only be more valuable.

And if you immediately thought, "Goddamn that's a huge book!" You should see the first edition. I could barely lift it with one hand. Had to shrink the text and expand the page borders.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-10-2012, 10:01 PM
(26-10-2012 08:50 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  That was fast! When you get around to perusing it, feel free to give me honest critiques. I actually feel weird that people are paying money for my thoughts, so there's an underlying feeling of guilt. I don't know how authors deal with critics. But I know you guys, so hit me with it.

And since you all have ordered, I noticed and corrected 2 misspelled words and a sentence that didn't seem to end. So you lucky souls have an original copy, with errors and everything. Like a Babe Ruth baseball card with his name misspelled, it will only be more valuable.

And if you immediately thought, "Goddamn that's a huge book!" You should see the first edition. I could barely lift it with one hand. Had to shrink the text and expand the page borders.

It's awesome so far. I'm up to Leviticus. It's still making me laugh even though I've read the entire thread. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Buddy, I would love to read it, but I can only get it on Ebook format, since I will be grounded if I had copy of a book like yours on me. I really want to read it, so please update when it is available for e-book format.

I am really jealous of you guys who have it though, I really wanted to read it,but I can't stand the thread version of it. Is not that I didn't like it, but I find it uncomfortable reading it in a thread.

So I am impatiently waiting the e-book release. I hope it is worth the wait.

I will give my review post-haste.(after I read it, of course.)

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-10-2012, 10:18 PM
(26-10-2012 10:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It's awesome so far. I'm up to Leviticus. It's still making me laugh even though I've read the entire thread. Big Grin

Awesomeness. Is the font type/spacing yada yada ok? Does anything strike you as "amateurish?" Are you skipping the Bible verse parts like I do when I read it? I try not to, but it's like reading two different languages. Hurts the brain.

(26-10-2012 10:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Buddy, I would love to read it, but I can only get it on Ebook format, since I will be grounded if I had copy of a book like yours on me. I really want to read it, so please update when it is available for e-book format.

I am really jealous of you guys who have it though, I really wanted to read it,but I can't stand the thread version of it. Is not that I didn't like it, but I find it uncomfortable reading it in a thread.

Yeah, I'm working on that right now. The Amazon part/ global distribution part is done (will be listed in a few weeks) and so now I'm trying to convert it into eBook. It's difficult, because I've never read an eBook, so I have to learn the navigation and layout as I go along. It's like trying to make your book look like a book, when you've never seen a book in your life.

26-10-2012, 10:19 PM
(26-10-2012 10:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Buddy, I would love to read it, but I can only get it on Ebook format, since I will be grounded if I had copy of a book like yours on me. I really want to read it, so please update when it is available for e-book format.

You do know you can just read it all in the thread he wrote, right?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel