Atheist's Critique NOW FOR SALE! Hard nipples! Update: Now on eBook!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 11:56 PM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: Atheist's Critique NOW FOR SALE! Hard nipples! Update: Now on eBook!
(18-11-2012 11:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are your nipples still hard? I find that if they stay hard for too long, they begin to chafe. What's the best material to wear for this? Cotton? Polyester? A blend? I worry yours may permanently lose their sensitivity if they chafe too much. I might recommend wearing a Bro until your excitement dies down a tad.

I lost my nipples in a freak hang gliding accident years ago. I bought one set of "Hard Nipples" on ebay last month. I was just excited that they finally came in the mail.

No but really, I think I've compiled enough tidbits that need to be changed to "re-release it." Submitting a new version takes it down for a few days and costs money every time I do it. But I think I have enough errors to fix and ideas to add. Stark recommended a page header of the biblical book for easier reference. Those of you with the less cool versions, think of it like owning a Christopher Hitchens First Edition or a Babe Ruth card with an error. Rarity just ups the retail value.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 11:54 PM
In the summer of 1986 I sold beer and cigarettes to a biker dude who was usually shirtless. After a few times I was able to resist staring in horror at the road rash scar that had removed his left nipple and now in its place was a tattoo across his scarred chest that said, "Ride to live. Live to ride." 26 years later and that missing nipple still haunts me to this very day.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-11-2012, 12:00 AM
(18-11-2012 11:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  In the summer of 1986 I sold beer and cigarettes to a biker dude who was usually shirtless. After a few times I was able to resist staring in horror at the road rash scar that had removed his left nipple and now in its place was a tattoo across his scarred chest that said, "Ride to live. Live to ride." 26 years later and that missing nipple still haunts me to this very day.

Gasp!

That biker was me.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-11-2012, 12:22 AM
(19-11-2012 12:00 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 11:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  In the summer of 1986 I sold beer and cigarettes to a biker dude who was usually shirtless. After a few times I was able to resist staring in horror at the road rash scar that had removed his left nipple and now in its place was a tattoo across his scarred chest that said, "Ride to live. Live to ride." 26 years later and that missing nipple still haunts me to this very day.

Gasp!

That biker was me.

Gasp!

You must be Benjamin Button!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-11-2012, 01:01 AM
(19-11-2012 12:22 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-11-2012 12:00 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Gasp!

That biker was me.

Gasp!

You must be Benjamin Button!

I was a rebel member of Hell's Angels when I was 4. I had just gotten the tattoo from Tats R' Us.

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
19-11-2012, 01:06 AM
(18-11-2012 11:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are your nipples still hard? I find that if they stay hard for too long, they begin to chafe. What's the best material to wear for this? Cotton? Polyester? A blend?

Silk.

http://www.customshirt1.com/ZM852_01All.htm

Only $145.95 a pop if you go sleeveless.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
19-11-2012, 01:23 AM
(19-11-2012 01:06 AM)cufflink Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 11:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are your nipples still hard? I find that if they stay hard for too long, they begin to chafe. What's the best material to wear for this? Cotton? Polyester? A blend?

Silk.

http://www.customshirt1.com/ZM852_01All.htm

Only $145.95 a pop if you go sleeveless.

Well Christmas is coming!

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-11-2012, 07:43 AM
RE: OK, got it, done with OT ...
(18-11-2012 11:18 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  It needs some editing before you produce the leather-bound, autographed, numbered collectors' edition.

Page Correction
---- ----------
many There is no word "alright". Do a global search and replace: it's "all right".
121 "mountain dew" --> "Mountain Dew" (a little respect for the Dew, dude)
145-146 issues with commas and caps
173 "...Sword of Wraith..." ??? Should it be "...Sword of Wrath..."?
318 "...that you proselytize yourself..." Um, no. --> "...that you prostrate yourself..."
334 "Without further adieu..." --> "Without further ado..."

And some others, but you get my drift.

Your use of bold text is inconsistent.
Your use of hyphenation is, well, inconsistent.

Send me the files - I will edit your book for free, you cheap bastard.

My list of found post-release errors beats yours by at least 30. I win!

See if you can find the terms "it nothing" and "contraversion" rather than "controversial." Like I stated in the intro, it's a 550 page book with a probably target audience of 50.

And if it's in the dictionary, it's a word. Alright? The global incorrect use of the contraction has caused it be considered correct. We control words, they don't control us.

So suck my balls and praise Christ.

You are refusing an offer of free help and insulting me in the bargain? Really?

And 'alright' is not a fucking word. It is illiterate and reflects badly on your book.

I may have to burn your book along with a Koran and a Bible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 11:19 PM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: OK, got it, done with OT ...
(19-11-2012 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 11:18 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  My list of found post-release errors beats yours by at least 30. I win!

See if you can find the terms "it nothing" and "contraversion" rather than "controversial." Like I stated in the intro, it's a 550 page book with a probably target audience of 50.

And if it's in the dictionary, it's a word. Alright? The global incorrect use of the contraction has caused it be considered correct. We control words, they don't control us.

So suck my balls and praise Christ.

You are refusing an offer of free help and insulting me in the bargain? Really?

And 'alright' is not a fucking word. It is illiterate and reflects badly on your book.

I may have to burn your book along with a Koran and a Bible.

You have "the file" in your possession already. You have the book. But like I said, finding the errors isn't hard. I just don't see the point in replacing them. At this point, the forum, my friends and family, and their friends who they told have all bought the book. Unless Oprah catches wind and invites me on her show, I don't see many more copies being sold. I'll replace incorrect words, cause that bothers me, but "all right"? That's like eating your dinner with your salad fork to me.

19-11-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 10:51 PM by Buddy Christ.)
The print version finally hit Amazon today and made me panic, since Amazon is where all the sales are coming from lately.

So I'm fixing all 30 errors or so and taking out a few "alrights" since I didn't realize that I used that term so frequently (33 times). I noticed that I also used the terms "kinda" and "alrighty," which reminded me of the nature of the book. This was meant to be a George Carlin-esque commentary where "street vernacular" was favored over proper grammar. So it's difficult to edit.

True, "The Lord killed his followers at an alarming rate and captured many prisoners; to be used primarily as sex slaves" may be proper grammar and "God be all like BLEEOW BLEEOW on dem muthafuckas! He make dem panties drop, hittin switches on bitches like He been fixed with hydraulics!" is a grammatical nightmare, but that doesn't mean that I can't choose to use the latter, funnier sentence.

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post