Atheist sexuality comment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Atheist sexuality comment
Ironic really because the kinkiest people I've ever met in the BDSM scene were those with a strong Catholic upbringing. It was because of all the repression and conditioning. I spoke to a woman once who had a major fetish for being crucified.

I'm not saying that sexual fetishes are a bad thing mind you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-05-2014, 10:50 AM
(18-05-2014 08:44 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In fact, I think you may have inadvertently hit on something that is very telling.

Aldous Huxley remarks:

Aldous Huxley wrote:

"I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently, assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption.... The philosopher who finds no meaning in the world is not concerned exclusively with a problem in pure metaphysics; he is also concerned to prove there is no valid reason why he personally should not do as he wants to do.... For myself, as no doubt for most of my contemporaries, the philosophy of meaninglessness was essentially an instrument of liberation. The liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a certain political and economic system and liberation from a certain system of morality. We objected to the morality because it interfered with our sexual freedom (1966, 3:19, emp. added)

He is quite transparent. He is simply and truthfully stating that one reason why some people love the idea that meaning is left to be determined by the individual is that it affords them "sexual freedom". They desire to be liberated from the cumbersome prohibitions against sexual immorality that they feel are inevitable in a world where one has a moral obligation not to just do whatever they want because they love having sex and being seekers of fleshly pleasures and experiences.

Hey dude are you a frustrated omega virgin male? That would explain a lot.Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
18-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Are you joking here ? atheism = anything goes sexually..... Um, NO, not even close.

Thats a hell of a broad brush to paint a non belief mindset with, I've met more hookers and strippers with religious convictions then not.

Sooo, what does that mean ? Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
18-05-2014, 11:28 AM
(18-05-2014 08:32 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I also too have observed a trend, at least a trend in those I have personally spoken with that were atheists who also were women that err, umm.. how shall I put it.. were proponents of "sexual liberty"?? The trend was to set high value on this liberty and that essentially nothing was off limits when it came to sexual acts!

And your point is what Church Lady ?

1. Anecdotes are worthless evidence, if you're trying to establish a statistical trend.
2. You wouldn't be trying to denigrate a class of people by their supposed private activities which have absolutely nothing to do with you, are you, Mr. Self Righteous Preacher Man Missionary Position.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2014, 11:40 AM
(18-05-2014 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 08:32 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I also too have observed a trend, at least a trend in those I have personally spoken with that were atheists who also were women that err, umm.. how shall I put it.. were proponents of "sexual liberty"?? The trend was to set high value on this liberty and that essentially nothing was off limits when it came to sexual acts!

And your point is what Church Lady ?

1. Anecdotes are worthless evidence, if you're trying to establish a statistical trend.
2. You wouldn't be trying to denigrate a class of people by their supposed private activities which have absolutely nothing to do with you, are you, Mr. Self Righteous Preacher Man Missionary Position.

My point is that the women who are atheists that I have spoken with were opposed to Christianity because it condemned sexual immorality. It condemned the sexual practices they loved to engage in.

They were anti-Christians because they loved committing sexual acts forbidden by God. That is my point.

Get it? Is that hard for you to understand?
18-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(18-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And your point is what Church Lady ?

My point is that the women who are atheists that I have spoken with were opposed to Christianity because it condemned sexual immorality. It condemned the sexual practices they loved to engage in.

They were anti-Christians because they loved committing sexual acts forbidden by God. That is my point.

What's the sexual acts forbbiden by your god ? I know rape is okay. Men having many wives and concubines are okay. The stoning of women adulteress is okay. Let's talk about the sexual women acts forbbiden by your god .
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
18-05-2014, 11:49 AM
(18-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And your point is what Church Lady ?

Complete hogwash. No one changes their belief system because of sex.

Must be true that some men think with their penises then.

Comments like that can only from someone who is so oversexed that sex overrides everything else in life.

Just hogwash.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
18-05-2014, 11:56 AM
(18-05-2014 11:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  My point is that the women who are atheists that I have spoken with were opposed to Christianity because it condemned sexual immorality. It condemned the sexual practices they loved to engage in.

Comments like that can only from someone who is so oversexed that sex overrides everything else in life.

Just hogwash.

And we know it's not from personal experience.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
18-05-2014, 12:05 PM
(18-05-2014 11:47 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 11:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  My point is that the women who are atheists that I have spoken with were opposed to Christianity because it condemned sexual immorality. It condemned the sexual practices they loved to engage in.

What's the sexual acts forbbiden by your god ? I know rape is okay. Men having many wives and concubines are okay. The stoning of women adulteress is okay. Let's talk about the sexual women acts forbbiden by your god .

Funny how you will claim to have gleaned all of the above from the bible and yet claim to be ignorant of the sexual acts forbidden by the bible.

You must have only read bits and pieces of it from an atheist website and then read their commentary on it....this would not surprise me.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
18-05-2014, 12:08 PM
(18-05-2014 11:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Just hogwash.

You are in denial. I already provided a quote from Huxley to show that people deny God for various reasons. These reasons can include the desire to commit sexual acts forbidden by the Bible.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post